This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

My "progress"

• SpreeXXL
      SpreeXXL
      Bronze
      My downswing started on Sunday, when i started to loose with premium hands. At first i thought ok, a little downswing can't harm me a lot. Tomorrow is a better day and time to profit again. By this time, my downswing was only about $10. Next day it started to be like an horror. It was very usual to loose with pocket AA, KK, QQ. Even if i had AK, i lost or got no profit (now i can say i was luck when the pot was devided :P ), my oppenent had AK but he got a flush or twice i had even stranger thing. I had AK unsuited. On the flop A K appeared. I was so happy and thought it's definitely my pot, but after my "enemy" showed me also AK, i was disappointed. I admit that after loosing with some usually winning hands i made some idiotic calls also, but mainly i have lost with good hands. If i miss the flop i can fold very easily. Even if i have KK and someone calls my preflop raise and on the flop appears A and there's a raise after that, i can fold. BUt one thing makes me really frustrated - i have a premium hand. let's say AA and flop is like 3 7 6 rainbow. I push myself all in (i am a sss-player) and villian calls. Turn is 8, River is 9 and oppenent shows K 5, i get really pissed of. Although i manage to calm down thanks to my girfriend but still i would really like to say something bad to my opponent. Now my bankroll is $90 but on Sunday the highest peak was $172. Thanks for reading. Good luck others!
  • 4 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      One thing I noticed is that playing SSS there are way more suckouts than playing BSS. I guess this is due to the fact that you get more calls as shortstack cos people aren't afraid of playing for 1/4 stack and trying to get lucky as much as against fullstacks. GL and hopefully downsing ends :)
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      May I ask on which platform and which limit do you play.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armo
      One thing I noticed is that playing SSS there are way more suckouts than playing BSS. I guess this is due to the fact that you get more calls as shortstack cos people aren't afraid of playing for 1/4 stack and trying to get lucky as much as against fullstacks. GL and hopefully downsing ends :)

I have to agree.
      I'm playing mansion poker and i can't seem to rise above $50.
      I keep going over article after article over and over to see what im doing wrong.
      It has only been acouple of weeks since i got my free $50 but i just can't get a grasp of SSS at 5/10nl.
      I think it may be because there is so many people trying this method at the same?
    • SpreeXXL
      SpreeXXL
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Agiz19
      May I ask on which platform and which limit do you play.
      I am playing on Party Poker and NL25. Why do you ask? Do you want to play against me? :D