NL SH by Galam & Timor83

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Thursday 15/5

It was an interesting session where I ran pretty hot with about 7 sets or so. Unfortunately I didn't always get my payoff.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $57.21
      Hero:
      $61.15
      SB:
      $50.25
      CO:
      $15.89
      MP3:
      $55.25
      MP2:
      $51.49

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.50, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T:club: , Q:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($3.65) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($9.65) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $10, Hero raises to $33.00, MP2 calls $23.00.

Final Pot: $75.65

Villain was aggressive postflop but had a WTSD of 42. Therefore, I made a loose call in the event that I'd hit my straight on the river, because I figured he'd pay me off and therefore I was getting great implied odds. The river brought me my straight, and since he had a high river AF, I went for the c/r. Zeffke asked a good question whether or not it would've been better to just push instead of making the smaller raise. In retrospect I think this might've been a little bit better.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      code:
      SB (68.54)
      BB (34.42)
      MP2 (88.89)
      CO (96.85)
      MP3 (48.57)
      BU (52.50)

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:diamond:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2.00[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2:diamond: , 3:heart: , Q:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $2[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $6.50[/color], BB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($17.25) J:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $1.50[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $12.00[/color], BB calls $10.50.

River: ($41.25) K:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $41.25

Villain was fishy but had a WTSD of about 24. He could be trying to price himself in with a flushdraw or have a low PP, so I raise him, semi for value and protection and as a bluf. Turn gets interesting: I pair my J and he minbets again. At this point, I think it's even less likely that he has a Q because all QJ-combinations are less likely, and AQ might've reraised preflop. So I raise again, a little bit smaller this time because I don't want to commit myself just yet. He calls again. River is a K and I don't think I have a valuebet here, not a lot worse hands that will call 3 barrels.

SB:
      $69.76
      BB:
      $36.77
      MP2:
      $66.99
      Hero:
      $99.25
      MP3:
      $49.37
      BU:
      $49.75

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 2:heart: , J:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $4, Hero calls $4.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($14.25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $24.25

Here's a hand I played kinda weird in retrospect. Preflop is fairly standard. I raised 77 and get 2 callers. Flop is good but not great, with one overcard and a flushdraw. Villain donked and I called with my 77, figuring he could be doing this with the following hands: a flush draw, a (weak) J, or a PP where he wants to see where he stands with. For some reason I can't pinpoint exactly, I had the feeling that his range consisted more of the latter, therefore, I figured I could peel one off and see what he does on the turn. There are a lot of good scare cards that could come where I might bluff him off some weak holding. Turn brings the flush and he checks. Continuing with my plan, I betted out, not because I figured to have the best hand but because I could get him to fold. The bet sizing could be a little bit bigger, but I figured 2/3 pot might do the trick as well. That was indeed the fact, so my plan worked like a charm, but now that I look back on it, I think the hand is probably just a fold on the flop. Any comments?
  • 2 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Was a good session, learnt a few things. It definaitly helped with my change to SH.

Thx Timor!
      Stiev
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Not a lot of interesting hands in the last coaching session, pretty basic stuff most of the time. Although I think this hand is rather interesting.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $100.26
      MP2:
      $59.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.50) 6:club: , 5:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP2 calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $25.50

Villain is a fish. We raise from the SB with KQ and obviously get called. Flop brings us nothing but we c-bet anyway (he had WTSD% of about 25%). After we c-bet, Villain instacalled without even thinking. Now, on this board, if he had a strong hand, would he instacall? Probably he has hit something like a 5 or 6 in the best case, maybe he has even only A high. Draws are possiblee too, but he'd probably at least consider to semibluff -raise that. So based on this timing tell, I decided to go for an out-of-the-box second barrel on a non-scare card, expecting him to fold. Instincts were right and he does so ;) .