This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

NL SH by Galam & Timor83

• Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Thursday 15/5

It was an interesting session where I ran pretty hot with about 7 sets or so. Unfortunately I didn't always get my payoff.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      BU:
      $57.21
      Hero:
      $61.15
      SB:
      $50.25
      CO:
      $15.89
      MP3:
      $55.25
      MP2:
      $51.49

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9:club: , J:diamond:
      MP2 calls $0.50, 4 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($1.25) T:club: , Q:spade: , 7:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, MP2 calls $1.20.

Turn: ($3.65) 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $3, Hero calls $3.00.

River: ($9.65) 8:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $10, Hero raises to $33.00, MP2 calls $23.00.

Final Pot: $75.65

Villain was aggressive postflop but had a WTSD of 42. Therefore, I made a loose call in the event that I'd hit my straight on the river, because I figured he'd pay me off and therefore I was getting great implied odds. The river brought me my straight, and since he had a high river AF, I went for the c/r. Zeffke asked a good question whether or not it would've been better to just push instead of making the smaller raise. In retrospect I think this might've been a little bit better.

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      code:
      SB (68.54)
      BB (34.42)
      MP2 (88.89)
      CO (96.85)
      MP3 (48.57)
      BU (52.50)

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](6 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: , J:diamond:
      [color:grey]2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $2.00[/color], [color:grey]2 folds[/color], BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2:diamond: , 3:heart: , Q:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $2[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $6.50[/color], BB calls $4.50.

Turn: ($17.25) J:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]BB bets $1.50[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $12.00[/color], BB calls $10.50.

River: ($41.25) K:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $41.25

Villain was fishy but had a WTSD of about 24. He could be trying to price himself in with a flushdraw or have a low PP, so I raise him, semi for value and protection and as a bluf. Turn gets interesting: I pair my J and he minbets again. At this point, I think it's even less likely that he has a Q because all QJ-combinations are less likely, and AQ might've reraised preflop. So I raise again, a little bit smaller this time because I don't want to commit myself just yet. He calls again. River is a K and I don't think I have a valuebet here, not a lot worse hands that will call 3 barrels.

SB:
      $69.76
      BB:
      $36.77
      MP2:
      $66.99
      Hero:
      $99.25
      MP3:
      $49.37
      BU:
      $49.75

Preflop: Hero is CO with 7:heart: , 7:club:
      MP2 calls $0.50, MP3 folds, Hero raises to $2.00, 2 folds, BB calls $1.50, MP2 calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 2:heart: , J:spade: , 6:spade: (3 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $4, Hero calls $4.00, BB folds.

Turn: ($14.25) 3:spade: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $10, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $24.25

Here's a hand I played kinda weird in retrospect. Preflop is fairly standard. I raised 77 and get 2 callers. Flop is good but not great, with one overcard and a flushdraw. Villain donked and I called with my 77, figuring he could be doing this with the following hands: a flush draw, a (weak) J, or a PP where he wants to see where he stands with. For some reason I can't pinpoint exactly, I had the feeling that his range consisted more of the latter, therefore, I figured I could peel one off and see what he does on the turn. There are a lot of good scare cards that could come where I might bluff him off some weak holding. Turn brings the flush and he checks. Continuing with my plan, I betted out, not because I figured to have the best hand but because I could get him to fold. The bet sizing could be a little bit bigger, but I figured 2/3 pot might do the trick as well. That was indeed the fact, so my plan worked like a charm, but now that I look back on it, I think the hand is probably just a fold on the flop. Any comments?
  • 2 replies
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Was a good session, learnt a few things. It definaitly helped with my change to SH.

Thx Timor!
      Stiev
    • Timor83
      Timor83
      Bronze
      Not a lot of interesting hands in the last coaching session, pretty basic stuff most of the time. Although I think this hand is rather interesting.

Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $100.26
      MP2:
      $59.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:heart: , Q:club:
      MP2 calls $0.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, MP2 calls $2.00.

Flop: ($5.50) 6:club: , 5:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.50, MP2 calls $4.50.

Turn: ($14.50) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $11, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: $25.50

Villain is a fish. We raise from the SB with KQ and obviously get called. Flop brings us nothing but we c-bet anyway (he had WTSD% of about 25%). After we c-bet, Villain instacalled without even thinking. Now, on this board, if he had a strong hand, would he instacall? Probably he has hit something like a 5 or 6 in the best case, maybe he has even only A high. Draws are possiblee too, but he'd probably at least consider to semibluff -raise that. So based on this timing tell, I decided to go for an out-of-the-box second barrel on a non-scare card, expecting him to fold. Instincts were right and he does so ;) .