UTG+2: $63.14 (126.3 bb)
      MP1: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      MP2: $28.28 (56.6 bb)
      MP3: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $48.50 (97 bb)
      BTN: $49.07 (98.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $54.11 (108.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG+1 raises to $1.50, 4 folds, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, CO calls $5.50

Flop: ($16) 6 5 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, CO calls $9

Turn: ($34) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $32.50 and is all-in, Hero folds

Villain looks super nitty. VPIP 9/PFR 5/3bet 0 over 56 hands. AF=0.7
      I thought he had QQ most of the time, so my plan was to go for thin value on the river after the turn goes check-check. Instead he puts this move on, after tanking for something like 3s. Wasn't insta-shove, wasn't loooooong tank-shove. I don't really consider him of being capable of putting me exactly on KK and turn JJ-QQ into a bluff. So I guess it's more likely for him to have a set, maybe a set of aces? Maybe he floated me with AQ-AK? But in order to float you must also be able to bet the turn as a bluff.... Hard to give him 2 pair combos or 78 given his range.

A couple of hours before this hand happened I got really outraged by two different guys at the same table, in consecutive hands, who limp-called AA OOP, one of the hands being 3way.... Ofc I fired a couple of barrells before realizing what was going on. :f_mad:

So I think I could really expect this 0 3bet guy to call-call AA pre. And in the long run I've learned it's a bad idea to call big bets coming from guys with AF<1. So I puked a little, then folded.
  • 2 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I think 56 hands is way way not enough to think anything about 3bet or AF, even the vp/pfr are likely to be off

I dont think you can put him on AA after he just call twice pre, I think it's more likely to be a pair or AK, AQ

I think you played it ok postflop though, tough spot on the turn. I guess you could bet ~$20 cos you're probably getting value from TT+ still and it would stop him bluffing but the trouble is you'd be committing yourself
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

Would he really bet with Ax this amount? The board is kind of dry and I wouldn't really see him floating with Ax hands vs our line, especially if he is nitty. I'd Check/Call the turn and would see enough of those TT-QQ hands which are turned into bluff. Nor he ain't shoving with a set.

Best Regards.