This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] FR50 KK turn A against nit

• circoflax
      circoflax
      Bronze
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players

BB: $65.08 (130.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $54.08 (108.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $63.14 (126.3 bb)
      MP1: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      MP2: $28.28 (56.6 bb)
      MP3: $49.25 (98.5 bb)
      CO: $48.50 (97 bb)
      BTN: $49.07 (98.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $54.11 (108.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG+1 raises to $1.50, 4 folds, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, Hero raises to $7, 2 folds, CO calls $5.50

Flop: ($16) 6 5 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $9, CO calls $9

Turn: ($34) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $32.50 and is all-in, Hero folds

Villain looks super nitty. VPIP 9/PFR 5/3bet 0 over 56 hands. AF=0.7
      I thought he had QQ most of the time, so my plan was to go for thin value on the river after the turn goes check-check. Instead he puts this move on, after tanking for something like 3s. Wasn't insta-shove, wasn't loooooong tank-shove. I don't really consider him of being capable of putting me exactly on KK and turn JJ-QQ into a bluff. So I guess it's more likely for him to have a set, maybe a set of aces? Maybe he floated me with AQ-AK? But in order to float you must also be able to bet the turn as a bluff.... Hard to give him 2 pair combos or 78 given his range.

A couple of hours before this hand happened I got really outraged by two different guys at the same table, in consecutive hands, who limp-called AA OOP, one of the hands being 3way.... Ofc I fired a couple of barrells before realizing what was going on. :f_mad:

So I think I could really expect this 0 3bet guy to call-call AA pre. And in the long run I've learned it's a bad idea to call big bets coming from guys with AF<1. So I puked a little, then folded.
  • 2 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I think 56 hands is way way not enough to think anything about 3bet or AF, even the vp/pfr are likely to be off

I dont think you can put him on AA after he just call twice pre, I think it's more likely to be a pair or AK, AQ

I think you played it ok postflop though, tough spot on the turn. I guess you could bet ~$20 cos you're probably getting value from TT+ still and it would stop him bluffing but the trouble is you'd be committing yourself
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello circoflax,

Would he really bet with Ax this amount? The board is kind of dry and I wouldn't really see him floating with Ax hands vs our line, especially if he is nitty. I'd Check/Call the turn and would see enough of those TT-QQ hands which are turned into bluff. Nor he ain't shoving with a set.

Best Regards.