Stacking vs Tiling Multitables

• Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Does anyone have any arguments for Stacking vs tiling tables?

I have up until 5 days ago been a huge fan of tiling, because i never played more then 12 tables and 12 was the most i could fit on my screen before they needed to be overlapped.

Recently I decided to give stacking a try ( it's ALOT easier with the Pokerstars "Easy Seat" feature to open all the tables now. )

I've found that stacking was ALOT easier, and i went from playing 12 tables tiling to playing 24 tables stacked, and im not some kinda super pro who plays sick stakes and earns alot of $$, But the first 5 days of playing 24 tables using the stack, i was up 30 buy-ins at 2nl and now i'm rolled for 5nl.

It also mite help that i use a "Razer Naga" mouse with 12 buttons each button has a different action, so i never move my hand or eyes i stare at one small table in the corner of my screen and move ONLY my thumb to press diferent buttons to fold or check or bet 70% pot or whatever it is that needs doing.

Has anyone else got a more efficient way of Multi-Tabling?
  • 8 replies
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      You are missing alot of action, taking notes, seeing who is the fish etc.. But if robotic grind works for you then keep up whatever brings in the $
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      I myself have near enough always used tiled, tried stacked out a while ago and found it easier to see the action, but when i have more than like 6 tables stacked all tables seem to pop up over each other too quick for me and i feel like im guna mis-click alot.

Bit of a noob at this, would like to know how to get tables tiled and stacked at same time if possible, ie like 4 tables tiled, but each tiles having stacked tables behind it so maybe 3 behind, so 12 tables overall?

May be just me being stupid not realising how to do this by now :)
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Bronze
      Well yeah i'm missing taking notes and such but i dont need any of this to beat 2nl, i have a hud which normally lets me know who the regs are because im playing so many tables, most of the regs are at atleast 2-3 of my tables or even more so the hud gathers data on them really quickly.

As for the fish, it's normally easy to tell who the fish is because they have VPIP of like 30-70 and normally alot lower PFR.

As for the stacking and tiling combo, this can be done manually by placing the tables your self and then saving the layout as a custom layout so that next time you want to try it then it's all ready done for you.
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      24 tabling (and 12) wont work on NL25 and higher. At NL10 you'll start getting issues; mainly you don't spend time for table selection and regs arent dumb vs your 10/9 stats orso.
    • keoghh
      keoghh
      Silver
      Originally posted by ragney
      24 tabling (and 12) wont work on NL25 and higher. At NL10 you'll start getting issues; mainly you don't spend time for table selection and regs arent dumb vs your 10/9 stats orso.
      works for nanonoko...
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Originally posted by keoghh
      works for nanonoko...
      Well wont work for 99.9% of the poker players.
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      I think at 25NL and higher, no matter how many tables, the regs are gonna pick up on ur 10/9 :)
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      There are a lot of SNE players who 24 table low/midstakes, end up breakeven or slightly losing for the year but are 6 figures up in rakeback. So it still works even then.