This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Folding the ladies

• Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hi guys

I decided to create this thread so that we can exchange some opinions about folding QQ. Classic case scenario:

We raise to 3-4 bb from late position and get 3bet by a guy with lets say 4-5 % 3bet.
      1)Is folding here out of the question?
      2) Is 4bet/call an option?
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option?
      4) Is cold calling an option?

Lets say we decide to see a flop and cold call. What do we do if the flop comes low and the villain bets? fold?! If call, we're pretty much pot committed?
      I have personally seen KK and AA at the showdown a countless number of times.

What are your thoughts? When is the right time to fold the ladies?

Regards,

Chris
  • 5 replies
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      4 bet shove
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Silver
      blinds war im going 4bet_shove against a 5% 3bet range if ur aggro.
      against a nit i might call the 3bet and look for the flop, pot control ip etc.
      against some1 who fold too much against 4bet and 3bet a lot i can call ip and try to play poker ;)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Krisstef
      1)Is folding here out of the question? Yes folding is indeed out of the question.
      2) Is 4bet/call an option? Yes, probably the best one in most cases.
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option? I hope you were joking putting this one on the list :D
      4) Is cold calling an option? Yes in some cases against nitty players.
    • Dylanzesz
      Dylanzesz
      Basic
      Originally posted by Krisstef

We raise to 3-4 bb from late position and get 3bet by a guy with lets say 4-5 % 3bet.
      1)Is folding here out of the question?
      2) Is 4bet/call an option?
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option?
      4) Is cold calling an option?
      1) Yes
      2) Yes
      3) No, unless you hate money
      4) Yes
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

About the 4bet/fold I have never actually done it as with a 100BB stack you are obviously pot committed. Although if you have a certain read on the villain for example you know for sure he'll 3bet QQ,KK,AA,AK and fold QQ and AK to a 4bet every time, however move all in with KK and AA, in that case 4bet/fold would be pretty much the best options right? I mean even though we've put around 25bb probably with the 4bet we're still not getting 4 to 1 to make a call against an overpair profitable?

Cheers!

Chris