Folding the ladies

• Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hi guys

I decided to create this thread so that we can exchange some opinions about folding QQ. Classic case scenario:

We raise to 3-4 bb from late position and get 3bet by a guy with lets say 4-5 % 3bet.
      1)Is folding here out of the question?
      2) Is 4bet/call an option?
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option?
      4) Is cold calling an option?

Lets say we decide to see a flop and cold call. What do we do if the flop comes low and the villain bets? fold?! If call, we're pretty much pot committed?
      I have personally seen KK and AA at the showdown a countless number of times.

What are your thoughts? When is the right time to fold the ladies?

Regards,

Chris
  • 5 replies
    • booger6o4
      booger6o4
      Bronze
      4 bet shove
    • SryImNoob
      SryImNoob
      Bronze
      blinds war im going 4bet_shove against a 5% 3bet range if ur aggro.
      against a nit i might call the 3bet and look for the flop, pot control ip etc.
      against some1 who fold too much against 4bet and 3bet a lot i can call ip and try to play poker ;)
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Originally posted by Krisstef
      1)Is folding here out of the question? Yes folding is indeed out of the question.
      2) Is 4bet/call an option? Yes, probably the best one in most cases.
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option? I hope you were joking putting this one on the list :D
      4) Is cold calling an option? Yes in some cases against nitty players.
    • Dylanzesz
      Dylanzesz
      Basic
      Originally posted by Krisstef

We raise to 3-4 bb from late position and get 3bet by a guy with lets say 4-5 % 3bet.
      1)Is folding here out of the question?
      2) Is 4bet/call an option?
      3) Is 4bet/fold an option?
      4) Is cold calling an option?
      1) Yes
      2) Yes
      3) No, unless you hate money
      4) Yes
    • Krisstef
      Krisstef
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

About the 4bet/fold I have never actually done it as with a 100BB stack you are obviously pot committed. Although if you have a certain read on the villain for example you know for sure he'll 3bet QQ,KK,AA,AK and fold QQ and AK to a 4bet every time, however move all in with KK and AA, in that case 4bet/fold would be pretty much the best options right? I mean even though we've put around 25bb probably with the 4bet we're still not getting 4 to 1 to make a call against an overpair profitable?

Cheers!

Chris