This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 68s CO 50NL SH

• bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Replayer
      SB ($28.89)
      BB ($50)
      Hero ($59.64)
      BTN ($53.77)

Dealt to Hero 6:club: 8:club:

Hero raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, fold, BB calls $1

FLOP ($4.75) 7:spade: 5:heart: 5:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $3.75, BTN calls $3.75, BB folds

TURN ($12.25) 7:spade: 5:heart: 5:spade: 9:heart:

Hero bets $8, BTN calls $8

RIVER ($28.25) 7:spade: 5:heart: 5:spade: 9:heart: T:heart:

Hero?

BU's a reg, tight but seems good
      550 hands
      18/14/5.4
      31% fold to cbet
      AF aggression is 1.8
      wtsd 30%, W$SD 60% (small sample)

quite a loose open but everyone after me was quite passive so I went for it.

what's the plan on the river? I think ch/c is probably best because now 99 and TT both beat me, QQ+ probably 3bets pre, so the only thing I beat is a busted FD or maybe JJ if he doesn't 3bet it preflop.

also do you think ch/r on the turn is ok given his low fold to cbet? or is it too strong on a paired board?
  • 2 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      bet bigger OTT... river is ch/f or ch/c (like it more since you get info)
      depends on sizing, vilian, dynamics...

his calling range on BTN is quite wide, I'm betting always ... there is plenty worse .. ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello bradomurder,

As long the aggression of the opponent is pretty low then Check/Calling on the river is out of question. What we rather should be asking if we get value from worse there? I would assume such a guy wouldn't hero-call there that many hands. Fold JJ and QQ+ he might even 3bet for value.

Which makes me towards Check/Fold the river while I don't see getting value from a lot worse hands, especially with his W$SD for 550 hands which is still some sample. Don't see him calling with 88 nor JJ.

Best Regards.