Deepstacked passive donkey

• Zsha1
      Zsha1
      Bronze
      Hi All,

First post, and I'm looking for help.

I have a leak. A big leak, which is killing me.

I'm on the free $50 from pokerstrategy.com (thanks guys!) and so limited to micro stakes.

I'm (mostly) a tight agressive.

I understand my problem arises at micro stakes only, because the deepstack passive donkey doesn't play at higher stakes.

What is a deepstack passive donkey? Well, its the guy who shoves early in a tournament with rubbish, hits a massive flop (or river) and then proceeds to call everything with any two all the way to the river on every hand.

How should I play this guy?

Tried increasing my bet sizing. Just get called and busted quicker.

Tried tightening my game, playing only premium hands in position. Usual result is my aces get cracked because the passive deepstack donkey flops bottm pair, calls everything down and stacks me off when he trips on the river.

Tried limping and smallball poker, but this is not my optimum game and I usually get slapped.

Any advice welcome.

ZZsha
  • 3 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      1. don't bluff
      2. bet big with your big hands
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zsha1
      Tried tightening my game, playing only premium hands in position. Usual result is my aces get cracked because the passive deepstack donkey flops bottm pair, calls everything down and stacks me off when he trips on the river.
      this. yeah sometimes he hits on the river, but else you double up :f_biggrin:

you can even loosen up in position to try to get more of his chips. easier to get them from him than from the good players later :f_frown:
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Tomaloc
      Originally posted by Zsha1
      this. yeah sometimes he hits on the river, but else you double up :f_biggrin:

you can even loosen up in position to try to get more of his chips. easier to get them from him than from the good players later :f_frown:
      yeah I'd say you can play hands like JT and Q9 and stuff in position and just stack off quick if you get top pair or better

I think the important thing is to have good BRM and then you wont notice the times when he sucks out so often