This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH50 - KQo blinddefense, hit on turn

• chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $48,25
      BU:
      $59,15

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Villain plays really good and doesn't make too crazy calldowns

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:heart: , Q:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $1,50, SB folds, Hero calls $1,00.

Flop: ($3,25) T:club: , 6:diamond: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $2, Hero raises to $6,00, BU calls $4,00.

He does respond to donkbets well so i went for a check raise since i think the board is ok for that. I could play a flushdraw like this but i could also play Tx or stronger hands for protection like this. He can't call with much, and even raise with even less hands.

Turn: ($15,25) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8,5, BU calls $8,50.

He could have hit his flush, but since he could still have something like JdJx i went for protection.
      Should have bet ~$10

River: ($32,25) A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $27,5, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Final Pot: $32,25
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Flop: If you assume having here enough of fold equity then sure why not, his stealing range + CBetting range is pretty wide so should work. Usually myself I'd be looking for hand which also had a backdoor FD in it rather than raise with total air while the only hope is to catch a SD/overcards and the SD even has discounted outs cause of the FD.
      Turn: Betting is pretty standard here, although I would go for bigger one ~$10-11.
      River: Guess not much you can do here, even if he turns some hand into bluff then I would assume this being more towards of a card while I don't see him calling us that loose on 2 streets. And as you said yourself he isn't doing stupid call-downs.

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Usually myself I'd be looking for hand which also had a backdoor FD in it rather than raise with total air while the only hope is to catch a SD/overcards and the SD even has discounted outs cause of the FD.
      Best Regards.
      Thats a good advice, thx