Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $137,65
      Hero:
      $80,95

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:heart: , K:diamond:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises to $1,50, BU folds, SB calls $1,25, BB folds.

Flop: ($3,50) A:diamond: , 8:spade: , 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB calls $2,00.

Turn: ($7,50) 8:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

He won't call with weaker hands if i bet.

River: ($7,50) 2:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $6,5, Hero calls $6,50.

Here the question is how his callingrange looks like.
      I actually don't think he would play a draw like this and he should call with a lot of broadways.
      But i induced a bluff so what's the best play?

Final Pot: $20,50
  • 4 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      9% SB callopen ..

he doesn't have enough combos to bluff => he goes for value => fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Flop: Check behind the flop cause you don't get much action from his range which will mainly contain of PPs.

As played
      River: His fold to CB is pretty low which could indicate that he even floats with some PPs to take it down later on. Neither his Bet sizing on the river doesn't make much of sense cause he makes it so huge. So if you assume him being capable of turning this way his hand into bluff I'd also Call it down. Cause I would assume the guy betting a bit lower with Ax to get value from weaker PPs.

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      @veriz:

Flop: Check behind the flop cause you don't get much action from his range which will mainly contain of PPs.

River: His fold to CB is pretty low which could indicate that he even floats with some PPs to take it down later on

?(

I know that we get usually only 1 street of value from PPs... However, I'd Bet flop there is still fd (no holding Ks is imho important) + T can kill action...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know that we get usually only 1 street of value from PPs... However, I'd Bet flop there is still fd (no holding Ks is imho important) + T can kill action...

Well, then you can't fold it either with such a play cause he has so many bluffs in his range on the river. If you assume him having a lot of missed FDs and his bet sizing is just polarized there I'd definitely Call it down.

Do agree thought that it's not always a Check behind in those spots, didn't take into account first his fold to CB, just on turn and then didn't go back to flop. :D But if I'd CB then I'd be planning to also Call some polarized bets on the river vs such an opponent.