running badly

• cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Been running really bad, loosing flips, and just getting donked on in ever aspect. I had time off and read articles an tried to better my game. When I returned to play its still the same. I am on a 10-11 BI downswing.

So should I try maybe SSS for a few thousand? or stick to my "A" game?

Stiev
  • 22 replies
    • Chiller3k
      Chiller3k
      Bronze
      Hi Cannel,
      I would advise you, if your bankroll allows it and if you are really just in a downswing and were running good before, to stick to your A game and try to improve your game by reading articles, watching videos and joining coaching.
      I think you would rather loose money at first than offset your losses.
      But in the end it's your own decision.

Best regards,
      Chiller3k
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Started again today and was up 3 BI's after an hour or so, from then on I lost 7 BI's. Some you wouldn't believe.

5 lots of AA cracked, out of 5. With one I was allin PF and the other guy had KK. I floped a set, then he hit quads. wtf!

Then I have just shut the poker off, as I seen AA again rivered by KK.

So I am 13-14 buyins down. Still within my limit, so no need to move down for a while yet. Is it possible that I'm a loosing player? After winning over 400k? I really am doubting my play. I have looked at my game and theres nothin I'm majorly doing wrong over and over. I'm pretty close to taking my money elsewhere.

Also how can I post a hand without PT or Elephant, I dont know which hand is which in my files. I wanted to post a few of the bad beats, and see if I was doing something wrong.

Stiev
    • TribunCaesar
      TribunCaesar
      Bronze
      HI cannel555

I am sorry to hear that you are running bad. If you have been a winning player over 400k hands, there is no need to be worried. Of course i suggest to do more on the theoretical side of the game. read artcles, discuss with other players in the forum and post hands. Evaluate hands yourself is even more important. ;)
      You can convert your hands with Texas Grab`em if you play in PartyPoker. Copy the handhistory from the handhistories you find in the tables: most of the times called: "previous hands" or something like that. Paste the handhistory in a text document and save it. After the session convert it with Grab´em or an online converter.

Take a look in the guide in my signature.

Best regards,
      TribunCaesar
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I have a list of all the hands, but if I click on one, it just opens a text document. I surely dont have to open every one of these documents to find hands.

I have converted hands in the past when I was running a PT trial. I would find the hand that way. But now it seems impossible.

Stiev
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      17BI's down now, anyone else had a downswing like this?

If you guys could post me some good luck I'd be gratefull. ;)

Stiev
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Good luck :P
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Thx Corey, but I dont think i'll need it any longer!

Shortly after I posted last I opened a few tables. On the very 1st hand I had AA and it doubled me up. The next hand on the same table was QQ, which I took a short stack out with. So sitting with 2 1/2 stacks after 2 hands, GREAT.

The next hand was 55, which hit a set on the flop. I couldnt believe my luck when I got it all in on the flop to someone with 3BI's in front of him. Only for hit to turn over a set of KKK. WTF he never raised preflop, I was so, so annoyed with myself. I had to quit right then because my run of luck is painful.

I am so unsure if I am a winning player or not, 400k hands winning comfortably, to this. It hurt to say because I love the game, but I think i'm going to quit. Atleast if I quit now I'm still $$$'s up. I think if I quit I wont even be able to watch poker, and poker takes up alot of my lifestyle. I have mentioned before about being house bound at the moment, and boy am I going to be bored.

The worst part is that I cant even analyse my game, because I have no software.

Gutted Stiev!!
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      You didn't collect 2000 Strategy Point yet?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Yes I got well more. visit The mission to install elephant

Due to the fact I cant go to work, I cant buy PT either.

Stiev
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      If you collected more then 2000 SP before 1st of April, wouldn't you still get PT?
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      It was about 2-3 days after the cut off period that I earnt them. The support said I have no chance of getting one off them. Quite annoyed as that was the reason I joined here.

Stiev
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      quit for couple of days, read some articles/books you havent before. then when you come back, step down a limit or two - not because of bankroll but because of educational issues. downswing that big probably isnt just bad luck but with your experience you should work this out. try usual stuff, tight preflop game, less marginal hand decisions, less coinflips, try folding AA sometimes to tight players getting aggressive after flop...
      good luck, i'm sure things will get better for you.
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I had a good friend of mine watch a 3 hour session of mine. He plays poker and gambles for a really nice living. He's got a reputation of being one of the best poker players around the clubs where I live, and he plays online also.

He picked up on a few different things. Nothing major but he thinks i'm playing to tight. Which I thought I was probably to loose. He couldn't understand why I have been loosing the past week, and he put it down to veriance and an ugly downswing. Not the answer I was looking for.

I played a few hours last night after he had gone, and ended up half a BI up. So i'm going to grind a good few hours today.

Wis me luck, Stiev!
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      just wanted to say you can get PT (you are talking about poker tracker here, right?) for free.

i did.

i had a friend explain to me how to do it, and it's a bit confusing so i can't really tell you how to...just that you can. hope you can get one and start doing some analysis!

btw, i used azerus (sp?), something like that to get it [PT].
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ehkayforty7
      just wanted to say you can get PT (you are talking about poker tracker here, right?) for free.

i did.

i had a friend explain to me how to do it, and it's a bit confusing so i can't really tell you how to...just that you can. hope you can get one and start doing some analysis!

btw, i used azerus (sp?), something like that to get it [PT].
      ?
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      my avatar is a pirate. :)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      I know where you mean, its azurius. (think thats the right spelling) A friend uses it, and he is looking into it for me. Thx!
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      It will be better I hope so...
      Good luck anyway ;)
    • cannell555
      cannell555
      Bronze
      Hi guys, just to update this thread. My downswing was 25 BI's at the worst point, but I can happily say I'm out of it. I have just peaked at the highest point at which my bankroll has been. It took alot of grinding but well worth it. The sadness and anger of last week has been washed away with happiness. I still have not managed to get any software, but thats the next thing on my "to do"list.

Thx alot guys!

Stiev