Being (online) amateur is much profitable this days!

• pokerboy198229
      pokerboy198229
      Bronze
      Being (online) amateur is much profitable this days!

You can make a lot of money when you have a play of a good poker player and the same time you’re giving wrong signals to other regulars that you are an amateur!
      I designed a simple plan how to achieve that:

Step 1. Determine regulars: good players on the table!
      Just found out who are the regulars on the table. Here some tips how to define this players:

•Their Stack. The good regulars always sitting with the maximum stack they can buy-in. When they loose some money they do always reload to the maximum again.

•Their play. Less limping more betting, raising or 3-betting in position against the weak players.

•Their pre-flop bets. Standard 3 times of the Big Blind.

Step 2. Establish the amateur image!
      Show some weakness of a regular amateur. Here some tips how to achieve that:

•Your buy-in stack. Do not buy the maximum stack you can have on a table. Do not reload if u loose some money.

•Limping out of position. Try lo limp a couple of times out of position and fold against a raise after you or do call one bet and fold after one bet postflop.

•Being scared player. U have to show that u are scare to value bet your best hands on the river. Like u made 2 pair or a set and you are afraid to value bet it because of other possibilities.

Step 3. Get paid with good hands! Play weak with strong hands! Well now is the time of being paid. Here is one example:

Lets say one regular opens UTG with a standard bet of 3BB. You’re in the middle position and you’re holding AA.

•What ever you do, do never 3 bet him. In his eyes you re the amateur and your 3-bet range must be very strong. He can even fold pre-flop and u will not get paid.

•U cannot call either because this way u do give nice pot odds to other players to enter the pot. That way your aces might get cracked. You can only call as a slow-play when you’re on the button or in the blinds.

•So my advice is: push all-in. He is raising UTG so he has to have a good hand.: 77-KK, AKs AQs, AJs. Then you’re pushing all the chips in you’re kind of underrepresenting how strong your hand is. He will attempt to call with a lot of hands putting you on some weak hands. You might even get action behind you because a lot of good players would think you are holding a weak hand: small pairs or A high. That is how the regular amateurs usually playing: pushing all-in with a weak hands and 3 betting or raising with a big hands.

Step 4. Get paid with bad hands! Play strong, aggressive with bad hands.

This are the moments when u have to 3-bet or 4 bet with bad hands. The regulars would never think u are holding a bad hand because in their minds the 3-bet range of a average amateurs is very strong: premium pairs to AK/AQ. If they fold do never show your hand!

But please be selective with bad hands. Because they still can call your 3/4-bet to see the flop. Then you must have some hand that might get improved after the flop. My pick-ups are usually small pairs, suited connectors, suited marginal hands like KJ, QJ, Q10 or even offsuite 1-2 gap connectors like 10 9, J9, etc.

Here is one example out of my own history:

I made a mini bet on the button with 67 suited. I got raised by a Small Blind (good regular player) to 5,5 BB. I think a little bit and then I do 4 bet to 13,5 BB. Now he thinks a while, then he shows AQ off and folds.

Another example:
      One amateur limps in the middle position and the other regular behind him bets standard to 3BB. This is happening all the time. The regulars almost always raise in position against the limps of weak players. Now you can easy 4-bet something between 5,5 - 6,5 BB and you will probably get the pot. Please consider the position of the regular: this move is dangerous when the regular is in early position. And as like I mentioned before be selective with bad hands you like to raise with.

Poker mind
      The main thing is that the good regular players do always play strong against the average amateurs. This are their main incomes: beating the amateurs. So when you establish an image of a good player you will get less action unless they have a big hand too. If you succeed in getting an image of a weak player you will get all the action you need.

What do you think??
  • 22 replies
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      so what your saying is...we should be trying to exploite the regs? what happens when they work out what we are doing and change there play to counter are plays?....... i know! we then adjust our play again to counter them,...levelzzzzzzzzed
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      :f_o: omg you have cracked it, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Bronze
      Nah, sorry. I think I'll just keep iso-raising the fishes(which there are still plenty of)in position and valuebetting light. Avoid the regs, and when you have to, exploit their obvious leaks, as many of the regs actually have easy-exploitable leaks.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      JBCD has discovered the ENTER key
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Let's stay on topic please?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      most regs don't give a fuck what you do in few hands where you are supposed to "establish the image" they pay attention to your goddamn stats and if you aren't playing 60/10 or smth retarded as that there's not much difference in how will they play against you.

Not buying in for full stack is kinda stupid as well but, meh, w/e could be possibly applied but regs play multiple tables and so do you so that won't make much of a difference either as they'll notice you on other tables. fish doesn't multitable for the most part.

shipping with aces obv will work when you cooler them, but same would happen if you just 3b em w wider range.

3betting/4betting as a bluff is like the most standard play ever done at pretty much every stake by both regs and to a lesser extent fish.

and you can get all the action you could possibly need by just simply mixing it up at right times so there's no point in making such bad plays just to possibly get action in the future.

Captain obvious to the rescue! Happy now mr mod?
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      I have never laughed so hard about a forum post :D :D :D
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      finally a decent troll :P
    • LudiCoka
      LudiCoka
      Bronze
      Now that i find all this text; I've actually played 5-10 people doing this. I didn't know it was their worked out strategy, I just thought they're bad their own way and put a specific note to tell me it's one of these guys. Just like you identify a calling station. I can only say it's not profitable against me personally, but it's my free judgement it's not profitable at all to play this way.

Anyhow, I nail them all after like 100 hands where I see how they play and I welcome you to try this against me too :) .
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      i'd love to see someone implement this and compare their bb/100 winrate over a 50k sample. Its so clearly -EV its not even funny.
    • William340
      William340
      Bronze
      don't think the 3B shove w/ AA is going to catch too many regs, but I could be wrong.
      it's still going to be your only 3B, so it's easy to take it at face value (a fish w/ a monster) and let it go.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      most regs don't give a fuck what you do in few hands where you are supposed to "establish the image" they pay attention to your goddamn stats and if you aren't playing 60/10 or smth retarded as that there's not much difference in how will they play against you.

Not buying in for full stack is kinda stupid as well but, meh, w/e could be possibly applied but regs play multiple tables and so do you so that won't make much of a difference either as they'll notice you on other tables. fish doesn't multitable for the most part.

shipping with aces obv will work when you cooler them, but same would happen if you just 3b em w wider range.

3betting/4betting as a bluff is like the most standard play ever done at pretty much every stake by both regs and to a lesser extent fish.

and you can get all the action you could possibly need by just simply mixing it up at right times so there's no point in making such bad plays just to possibly get action in the future.

Captain obvious to the rescue! Happy now mr mod?
      Grazie!
    • Zakumii
      Zakumii
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      Its so clearly -EV its not even funny.
      It is quite funny, as I laughed my whole way reading that post thinking the exact same thing. :f_biggrin:
    • Hackett77
      Hackett77
      Bronze
      if you shove 100bs vs my utg raise you will cooler me with I have KK and I will fold everything else, as will most regs.

think of all that value your losing vs TT+ and AK that you could of got if you had decided if you decide to a play different way,
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      1. launch zoom tables at some new limit
      2. openlimp every hand
      3. minbetdonk every flop
      4. ????
      5. ????????

soon enough you'll have something like 80% VPIP and infinite AF with 100% donkbet flop over a non-sample. and since it's zoom the regs don't care about what you're doing anyway!
      happy exploiting :f_biggrin:
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Why try so hard expolit regualrs? even if you succeed the fish will be your main money, so maybe try to learn how to better exploit fish?

plus i played some ppl like you, in a about 10 hands i get that you are not the worst player, but still exploitable-the main thing i do is start isolating you like crazy if you bluffable with many speculative hands, not bluffable many loose value hands, and if you play aggro then i play very tight.
      nt such a hard one to crack/

For me personnaly playing against some hyperaggressive player is harder/
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pokerboy198229

•Your buy-in stack. Do not buy the maximum stack you can have on a table. Do not reload if u loose some money.

This is a very good idea. I suggest buying in and reloading to $9.87 at NL10, 19.74 at NL20 ect.
    • aceonetheriver
      aceonetheriver
      Bronze
      this guy remind me of Grailer :D u know the player we all loved but got banned for teaching us too much...

if u dont know what im talking about go here : Grailer best posts
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      voted 10 stars for deception :coolface:

And yea, he reminds me of Grailer too. Good, previous gimmick was way too boring.