Wanna move on Pokerstars but i have an account there.

• EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Hello all.I wanna move to Pokerstars and play ZOOM.I played rush poker at hte past at full tilt and i liked it a lot.I play bss nl25 nowdays and i think i am getting better.I just want to try zoom.
      But i have an account on pokerstars (i have done it long ago).

a) Is there a way to be tracked by Pokerstrategy with the account i already have ?
      b)can i create a new account ?
      c)can i create an account for my brother ( he is not playing poker) and use it ?

Thanks !
  • 30 replies
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      a) Unfortunately, no you can't re-track an already existing account. Sucks, but that's just the way it is. :(

b) No you can't make a new account either. Strictly one account per person and if you're found to have more than 1 account it's likely all accounts will be permanently suspended and funds confiscated. Not worth the risk.

c) Yes, your brother can have an account at the same poker room (Stars, in this case) as you; even if he lives at the same address. It's important to note that it has to be his account, and it's a risky strategy to open a tracked account under his name solely for your to play on. If it's his account for him to play on, no problem. Worth noting that if you're under the same address, you may be asked at some point for idenfication checks to prove that you are seperate owners, but shouldn't be a problem.

Hope it helps :D
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      a) Unfortunately, no you can't re-track an already existing account. Sucks, but that's just the way it is. :(

b) No you can't make a new account either. Strictly one account per person and if you're found to have more than 1 account it's likely all accounts will be permanently suspended and funds confiscated. Not worth the risk.

c) Yes, your brother can have an account at the same poker room (Stars, in this case) as you; even if he lives at the same address. It's important to note that it has to be his account, and it's a risky strategy to open a tracked account under his name solely for your to play on. If it's his account for him to play on, no problem. Worth noting that if you're under the same address, you may be asked at some point for idenfication checks to prove that you are seperate owners, but shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks for the reply . I am not doing this to get the 50$ from PS.I just want to be tracked that 's all.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EnterG
      Originally posted by DannyG13

Thanks for the reply . I am not doing this to get the 50$ from PS.I just want to be tracked that 's all.
      No problem. I understand, but if you already have an account at any site (whether you just want to play there tracked or want the $50 starting capital there) there's no way of tracking existing accounts to PokerStrategy. It's not PokerStrategy's choice either, it's something the poker site itself enforces unfortunately.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      Actually i have a story about this.

When i first started playing poker when i was 16 I played at pokerstars with just playmoney and then 2 weeks alter i stoped cus i was young and dumb and couldnt focus on anything for more then 5 mins but back to the point..

When i started playing for Real Money i deposited on the account i made years ago to play with play money, then i went busto and stoped playing for a couple of weeks and decided to give it another go after finding POKERSTRATEGY.COM

So i made a new account at pokerstars to get tracked here at pokerstrategy except after about 2 weeks it still was not tracked and i did not know why, so i e-mailed pokerstars, asking them and they said they i already had an account with pokerstars ( the old one i had before pokerstrategy ) and it was not possible to link my new one to pokerstrategy as i broke the rules just by creating it.

I basically sent them an e-mail back saying dam it now i cant play at pokerstars because i wont get strategy points, cya guys sorry for breaking the rules ect.

then i busted my free starting capitol at party poker and decided to play at stars anyway despite not getting strategy points. ( this is about 2 months after busting my partypoker starting capitol )

So i started playing at satrs again, came to pokerstrategy a few times and realised i was getting strategypoints from stars :O :O :O

So yeah i dont really know how this happened but i'm really glad it did happen, because it gave me the motivation to keep playing and now i've got my $10 deposit at stars up to $225 :)
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      Similar to my story Viper.I made an account on stars long ago for play money.I think i deposit once about 10-20 $ and that was it.I really need to find a way to get there.

Thanks for the reply.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      No probs dude :) wish i could help more :D
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Hey Viper,
      What did they do when they found out you were underage?
      My ahem... friend did the same; started playing when he was 17 and has some money in the account. He of course increased his birth date by 1 year. He has some money in that site and they are now asking for id check for withdrawal. If he tells he was gambling underage will they suspend his account?
      :f_cry:

edit: That happened in iPoker network which he hates anyway. Now he has opened a legit acc in Pokerstars so no biggie.
    • Vip3rNZ
      Vip3rNZ
      Silver
      They never said anything about it, does it matter that i only played free moeny untill i was well over age? :D
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Oh!
      My friend played real money!
      I guess that acc is screwed!
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kruger32
      My ahem... friend did the same; started playing when he was 17 and has some money in the account. He of course increased his birth date by 1 year. He has some money in that site and they are now asking for id check for withdrawal.
      lol :f_biggrin:

yeah standard. you just have to come out clean and see what happens, what other plan is there :f_biggrin:
    • Targetme
      Targetme
      Bronze
      join us in the bronze department
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      What, why?

yeah standard. you just have to come out clean and see what happens, what other plan is there
      I think I'll let it be and stop playing in iPoker. Starting a new acc in Pokerstars.
      Later I'll open one in Partypoker too. Should be enough volume.

PKR poker's software looks just complete shit to me; but I've heard that the competition is so soft; you don't even have to multitable. Seems perfect for HUs!

With these three I should have enough volume.
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Very nice to see everyone is helping out here. I must agree that creating another account under a family member is not safe and unfortunately re-tracking old accounts is not allowed either.

Let me know if I can help you guys further more.

Ingrid

ps@ kruger, do you need help when it comes to poker room traffic, benefits etc?
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Targetme
      :f_mad: :f_cry:
    • kruger32
      kruger32
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Not for now.
      But I'll definitely need help in future. I'll ask you. I know where to find you :)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kruger32
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Not for now.
      But I'll definitely need help in future. I'll ask you. I know where to find you :)
      oki :) always here to help.
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      I made an account on pokerstars long ago.I m not really sure if i ever deposit $ in the past.When i logged in today i can 't see any cashier button.I think i haven't validate my account yet.Can i register via pokerstrategy if this happening ?
      And i am not really sure if i want to deposit $ how to do it .

Thanks !
    • BrendanH
      BrendanH
      Bronze
      Hey EnterG

You should be able to see a Cashier button in the bottom right of the PokerStars window. You will not be able to make a deposit unless you have validated your email address. If you click on the Cashier button you will be prompted on how to validate your email account if you have not already done so or if you have lost the email

If you already have a real money account with PokerStars, as with most other poker rooms, you cannot create a second real money account. Such rules are in place to prevent people from availing of bonuses and promotional offers more than once. So if you already have a real money account that is not tracked with PokerStrategy.com then unfortunately you will not be able to create a new account that can be tracked with us.

If you want to make a deposit you can do so directly via your credit or debit card or through your Neteller or Skrill/Moneybookers account. If you don't already have a Skrill account you can create one tracked to PokerStrategy.com and get $10 free plus 100 StrategyPoints. ;)

I hope that answers your questions. If not let me know.

Brendan
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      If there's no cashier it's play money soft from pokerstars.net. If that's the case you can create real money acc w/o problems.

If there are no details filled in your acc like name, surname etc and it's not verified then you can obv create another acc as well.