[NL2-NL10] NL2 raising a dry flop

• LoKKK
      hi , not been here for ages hope this works
      this happens to me a cuple of times now , i dont usually call raises with Axs
      but i was on the button , and dint quite wanna 3 bet so i call , the flop is dry , looks to me like villain is just making a standard C bet so i try raising as bluff altho i had bottom pair and backdoor flush ,(probably bad i kno) but anyway wen they re-raise again whats their range their , what are they trying to say they have . big pocket pair maybe and their hoping for a flip . if they were realy strong wouldnt they just call .? !

Known players:

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , 2:heart:
      2 folds, MP3 raises to $0.05, CO folds, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds.

Flop: ($0.13) T:heart: , 4:club: , 2:diamond: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.07, Hero raises to $0.25, MP3 raises to $0.45, Hero folds, MP3 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.63
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello LoKKK,

Preflop: Kind of close cause the guy ain't a fully stacked player. But while he is so loose it might be possible but I would believe that you might start to overplay your Ax hand and wont be able to leave the pot alone, for that reason rather fold it. Against full stack at least we would have something to win.

As played
      Postflop: Not worth to raise a loose opponent with just bottom pair, at the best just take pot control and reevaluate the further actions. With strong hands most likely you would be slowplaying here.

Best Regards.