[NL2-NL10] Playing Pocket 7's in Middle Possitions V Raise from weak player

• BustaDimes
      BustaDimes
      Bronze
      I had played a few hands against UTG2 who I thought was loose and a weak player so even though i was in middle position decided to call the raise, do you think this is incorrect?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $9.62
      BB:
      $3.36
      UTG1:
      $4.00
      UTG2:
      $3.83
      MP1:
      $3.20
      MP2:
      $4.30
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.10
      CO:
      $3.97
      BU:
      $3.77

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 7, 7.
      UTG1 folds, UTG2 raises to $0.16, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16, CO folds, BU calls $0.16, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.54) 8, 5, Q (3 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

I checked the flop as two over cards landed as i was out of position and wanted to see what my opponents did, do you think that this is the correct move in this situation?

Turn: ($0.54) 2 (3 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26, BU folds.

As the turn was a 2 i did not think this would improve my opponents hands and thought UTG2's raise was a bet to try and push me off the hand so decided to just call to control the pot size. What are your views on this play?

River: ($1.06) J (2 players)
      UTG2 checks, Hero checks.

A third club and another over card landed on the river which could give my opponent a flush so decided to check call to try and control the pot size, do you think it was a good decision?

Final Pot: $1.06.
      Results follow:
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BustaDimes,

Welcome to the English NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

I'd most likely bet the flop cause UTG shows weakness with his Check and most likely doesn't have a hand, also BU seems to be more looser cause of his stack. :) But otherwise for the given odds tough to fold while UTG could as well just have some overcards.

Best Regards.