This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 - ATs fold

• art3h
      art3h
      Bronze
      Microgaming - £0.02 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: £0.76
      CO: £2.69
      BTN: £1.28
      SB: £2.11
      BB: £3.05
      Hero (UTG): £2.18
      UTG+1: £2.00

SB posts SB £0.01, BB posts BB £0.02

Pre Flop: (£0.03) Hero has A:spade: T:spade:

Hero calls £0.02, fold, MP calls £0.02, fold, BTN calls £0.02, fold, BB checks

Flop: (£0.09, 4 players) K:diamond: 7:heart: T:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets £0.06, MP calls £0.06, fold, fold

Turn: (£0.21, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero :f_p: bets £0.15, MP raises to £0.30, fold

MP wins £0.46
  • 2 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      My 2c:

Pre: Fold. ATs looks pretty but it's not worth opening UTG in a full ring game...I mean a seasoned player may well do OK opening UTG 7 handed but not a beginner. Also open limping is horrible.

So here: fold pre > bet >>>> limp.

Flop: I just check here, it's multiway plus you have a hand that has some small showdown value so it would be better not to fold out their bluffs/junk.

Turn: You picked up some equity with the gut shot, given you bet the flop you may as well bet again. I would also fold to their raise.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello art3h,

Preflop: Limping here is pretty bad, you wont play the hand profitable and from UTG you should be rather folding as long you are new to poker.

As played
      Flop: Betting is still fine while Check/Folding might be too weak and we still can protect our hand.
      Turn: Although I don't like betting here anymore cause the J improves a lot of his range and therefore I'd rather Check/Fold it while we can't really Bet for value anymore.

Best Regards.