Villain is unknown

Should i just ship the river? if he has it then its unlucky

Or check/call
  • 9 replies
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      FLOP
      I'd donk him. He may even raise it, and not as scary as a c/r from his point of view.

As played
      TURN
      Bet bigger

River
      c/c I guess. No reason to bet. He could bet into us with a ton of worse hands though.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello gxtwo,

Doesn't make sense to ship the river cause not many worse hands call unless he is a huge station and neither doesn't make sense to Check/Call, there ain't many hands he turns into bluff. :) So I'd Check/Fold.

Best Regards.
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Dont you think he could call with worse? 2pairs and overcards KK+. also we are pretty much pot commited, how can we get this far in the hand and x/f?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Dont you think he could call with worse? 2pairs and overcards KK+. also we are pretty much pot commited, how can we get this far in the hand and x/f?
      Why would you assume that? Just cause he is unknown? Even a fish has tough time here to call with 2pairs cause any 7x/Qx beat him. Neither I don't see him bluffing in that kind of spot. So what do you mean by how can we get this far and Check/Fold?
    • gxtwo
      gxtwo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Originally posted by gxtwo
      Why would you assume that? Just cause he is unknown? Even a fish has tough time here to call with 2pairs cause any 7x/Qx beat him. Neither I don't see him bluffing in that kind of spot. So what do you mean by how can we get this far and Check/Fold?
      I dont see any 7/x hands in his range by the river, due to our x/r on the flop. then a bet on the turn. and very little Q/x hands. Perhaps JQ??

Wouldn't we class ourself as pot committed here? we've already invested over half our stack....

I often find boards like these, fish like to bluff. If we check, its obv what we are scared of and its obv for them what they rep.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I dont see any 7/x hands in his range by the river, due to our x/r on the flop. then a bet on the turn. and very little Q/x hands. Perhaps JQ??

Well, do you know him for that? Why only QJ? KQ/AQ/QJ/QT/Q9/Q8...

Wouldn't we class ourself as pot committed here? we've already invested over half our stack....

Why should we be pot committed, we have still ~50BB left -> half our starting stack.

I often find boards like these, fish like to bluff. If we check, its obv what we are scared of and its obv for them what they rep.

You are totally talking against yourself, at first sentence you tell that he isn't a fish cause he can't have 7x in his range, could still Call with 79/78 or whatsoever if he is a fish. :) So why do you assume now that on the river he is a fish when it's for you to act? Bluffing with what?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      FLOP
      C/R or donk is better, and why?

C/Ring with set is just so typical these days to me :s_frown:
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      FLOP

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      FLOP

Donking wouldn't gain value from his hands either (if they are not made ones), so I'd rather Check/Raise until I know the opponent more. :)