This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH zoom AQ

• Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      BTN: $46.17 (184.7 bb)
      SB: $17.98 (71.9 bb)
      BB: $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $32.23 (128.9 bb)
      MP: $28.16 (112.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $42.10 (168.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:heart: Q:spade:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN raises to $2.60, 3 folds

This is situation I findmyself often , and yet not sure about what should I do!
      call is obviously out of option, but question is what default play should be vs unkown?
      And what if we know he is agressive? 4b and fold?

edit : I wrote fold is out of question but ment to wrote call.
  • 2 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I don't think a fold is out of question here, especially against unknown. When I don't know 3betting ranges, I usually assume tight unless it's from the blinds or BU. It depends on the standard image you want to build.

I would usually 4bet here, but with the knowledge that I will turn a great hand into a bluff. I wouldn't call a shove as they never go broke light against unknown imho, so the intention is more to establish a non-exploitable image and build equity for when you actually have a monster.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sinnology,

Either 4bet yourself and which most likely should have a lot of fold equity here and which I'd tend to pick -> 4bet/Fold. :) Very small part of his range is going to continue.

Best Regards.