This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 KK 3bet pot deep vs turn c/r

• jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1760121
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $40.80
      BTN: $20.00
      SB: $61.45
      Hero (BB): $47.35
      UTG: $25.09

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is BB with K :club: K :heart:
      1 fold, CO calls $0.20, 1 fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $2, 1 fold, SB calls $1.60

Flop: ($4.20) T :spade: 5 :spade: 2 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.60, SB calls $2.60

Turn: ($9.40) J :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.40, SB raises to $12.80, Hero folds

VPIP/PFR/AF/F3b/CC-3b/WTSD/Hands
      41/27/1,78/18/50(8)/25/279
      Villain is pretty good, giving me a hard time even when he is OOP.
      If I have to be honest he has been running over me for several sessions.
      I bet turn for value. The problem with his c/r is that if I call it I'll have less than a pot-sized bet left. I believe he is trying to set me up for a river shove, to which I wont be able to fold.
      Getting it in on the turn this deep seems a bit overplayed.
      Is the fold ok?
  • 6 replies
    • awishformore
      awishformore
      Bronze
      I would say 100% yes. He almost always has the flush here. He might sometimes have two-pair JT or sets. Worst case he only has a good flush draw with a pair imho, so you're always far behind or just very slightly ahead.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Should there be a 2nd barrell in the first place? How about a check behind on the turn and call a 1/2 sized river bet if another :spade: doesn't fall?
    • jozata
      jozata
      Bronze
      If I had the K :spade: I most probably would have checked behind the turn.
      But without a spade I think that betting turn is better.
      Depending on the river I migh even make a small value bet.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Most of the times he's gonna call the flop with a :spade: and he won't fold to the turn bet anyway. Else he called the flop with a TPGK kind of hand which will fold to the turn bet anyway.

So by checking the turn we lose less if he has a FD and hits the river, we induce a bluff from TPGK hands on the river.

If I had a K :spade: then I'd go ahead and bet the turn definitely. If he has a flush on the flop then I don't see why he would want to slowplay it on the flop.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      Sorry double post.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello jozata,

I like your play here and unfortunately we can't really continue, especially when his range will contain a lot of those hands which could be like TT/JJ. Doesn't seem to be an aggressive player either. Only hope we can see on the turn is A:sJx.

Oh and especially when being deep.

Best Regards.