[NL20-NL50] NL20 AA from BBvsCOvsBU

• jozata
      Cassava Poker $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players - View hand 1760129
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $41.10
      CO: $20.00
      BTN: $68.85
      Hero (SB): $23.27

Pre Flop: ($0.30) Hero is SB with A :heart: A :diamond:
      CO raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $2.10, Hero calls $2, 1 fold, CO raises to $6.20, BTN calls $4.10, Hero raises to $23.27, CO calls $13.80 all in, 1 fold

Flop: ($46.40) 9 :club: T :heart: 4 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: ($46.40) 6 :diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($46.40) 4 :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

CO VPIP/PFR/AF/F3b/4b/Hands
      BU VPIP/PFR/AF/F3b/CC-3b/WTSD/Hands (same aggro player from KK hand)

The players are aggro but a cold 4 bet might drive them away. Is cold calling AA ok and what is a good/balanced range for cold 4betting?
      After CO 4bets and BU calls, I think that no one is folding any more so I decide to get the money in now, although this probably says 'I have AA/KK'
      Should I have cold called again and got the money in on the flop?
  • 3 replies
    • awishformore
      Your line is very tricky and I certainly think you can sometimes play it this way if you see that there are aggressive dynamics on the table.

However, my standard line would still be to just 4bet, as I do indeed cold 4bet as a bluff sometimes and KK will never fold anyway, nor will QQ/AK and even JJ some of the time.
    • maheepsangari
      With aggressive players inducing a squeeze is a good option but that normally works great when someone opens and you cold call hoping someone behind you will squeeze and then you'll shove, the aim however is to shove pre-flop itself so you shouldn't coldcall again and the shove is fine.

Here CO opened, BTN 3-Bet and then you cold called hoping there would be a 4-Bet. A bit ambitious and might not work everytime but I guess if his 4-Betting stat is high enough 38%. I don't think the CO will cold call the 3-Bet he'll either 4-Bet or fold since he is OOP to the BTN so I guess this is doable.

Interesting line.
    • veriz
      Hello jozata,

I would most likely have played the same way, just let an aggro maniac bluff off his stack. Nice hand! :f_biggrin:

Best Regards.