New Member Intro :)

• ash1ey
      ash1ey
      Bronze
      Hi Guys,

So I've been lurking around the website now for a few days reading up on SnGs and although I have learnt a lot I am hungry to learn more :)

I decided to give online poker a shot because me and few friends meet up weekly for a social game (similar to SnG we just put money in to a pot and have X amount of chips, only difference being we allow buy-ins) and I am really enjoying the game again.

I tried to learn to play properly a few years ago but never got anywhere playing cash games, mainly because back then I treated poker more as gambling then as a game of skill.

I have been going over the basic tutorials for SnG and have printed out the SnG strategy handout for easy reference when playing.

Is there anything else you guys would recommend I print out for easy reference? I'm going through the tutorials and even re-reading everything while playing so I can get the basics drilled in to me.

I'm also in the process of convincing my friends to learn more about the game and will try to get them to come look over on PS.com.

While I enjoy making a bit extra $$$ off them weekly I would really prefer if they all became better players so I have a bit of competition each week :D

I just want to end by saying a big THANK YOU for an awesome website and a big THANK YOU for the free $50. Expect to see me around the forums from now onwards.

Ash
  • 6 replies
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Hello there, Ash1ey!

We're very happy to have you here, and pleased to hear you like it. Hopefully you'll even end up sticking around and take in all the brilliant things our members have to offer too, lots of great stuff going on with all the awesome players around!

Tell us a bit more about yourself though, where are you from? How old are you and what do you do outside of poker? How did you find your way over to our site?

I've got a bit of a similar game going with some of my friends(and their friends, in turn) where we buy in for like £5 and allow people to re-buy for the first 2 hours, so that whoever goes bust first isn't left out and bored for several hours. Normally builds up to a nice pot, some people like having a beer at the same time. I totally get what you mean about some people, while being fun to play with, don't really change their play or improve and it can end up being less interesting than it could've been.

If you want to help you friends become better too, did you know you can earn up to $500 per referred friend using our Tell-a-Friend system, for which you can find information if you click the link below:

Tell-a-Friend system

It sounds like it would be beneficial all around, everyone gets to work on their game, and they can all also qualify for the Free $50 starting capital, so if they do well and also work on their game, everyone gets a much more enjoyable weekend game!

Regards,
      Richard
    • ash1ey
      ash1ey
      Bronze
      Tell us a bit more about yourself though, where are you from? How old are you and what do you do outside of poker? How did you find your way over to our site?
      Hey mate, thanks for the reply. Well I turned 30 just last week (ugh) and im from the UK. For the past 7 years I have been self employed building and promoting websites but recently it hasn't been going so well so I decided to try something else where I can 'technically' work from home.

Don't get me wrong I have no intention of trying to make poker my full time job just yet, but it's something I want to try and work towards. I am setting myself small goals of £3-5 profit per day and will see how things go while I learn more about SnGs.

I've got a bit of a similar game going with some of my friends(and their friends, in turn) where we buy in for like £5 and allow people to re-buy for the first 2 hours, so that whoever goes bust first isn't left out and bored for several hours. Normally builds up to a nice pot, some people like having a beer at the same time. I totally get what you mean about some people, while being fun to play with, don't really change their play or improve and it can end up being less interesting than it could've been.
      We play £5 buy-in also but generally if there's around 7 of us, we allow first 2 people who go bust to buy in.

I'll be sure to use the tell a friend system, already posted something on my facebook :) .
    • ArkhamAsylum
      ArkhamAsylum
      Bronze
      wurrrddddddddddddd ashley
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Hey Ash,

Nice to meet you, and great to have you here at PokerStrategy.com

Where in the UK are you from? Hull my self, well close enough anyway.

If you work hard enough at your game there is no reason why poker can't become your full time job,

Is this your first experience with online poker then or have you dabbled before?

The best piece of advice i can give you at this stage it to jump right into this community and get involved as much as you can articles/videos/live coachings/hand evaluations and maybe most importantly the forums make some friends who have similar goals and dreams that is one of the biggest motivators there is imo.

Anyway good luck with everything, if you need any help around the forums just give me a shout and i'll see what i can do,

Regards
      Carl
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi Ash!!

Welcome to the english community!!

How are you doing in those SnG's with your friends? Do you kick their ar***? :f_biggrin:

Don't forget the live coachings!! During those coachings you can ask questions to the coach about SnG's!

Best of luck on the tables! And I look forward to see you often on the forum!

RasTweet
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Oooh, bronze now, I imagine that means your Free $50 starting capital has arrived? Getting started at the tables yet?