This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 JJ facing shortstack c/rai on K98

• member001
      member001
      Bronze
      Hi Veriz, don't know whether you remember me from the beginners' course a while ago. I've been lurking not posting for a while due to stuff being pretty busy in real life. Maybe can get back into it a bit now. Hope all is well with you, anyhow.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players

SB: $10.20 (102 bb)
      BB: $7.47 (74.7 bb)
      UTG+2: $7.55 (75.5 bb)
      MP1: $7.23 (72.3 bb)
      MP2: $3.68 (36.8 bb)
      Hero (MP3): $18.73 (187.3 bb)
      CO: $4 (40 bb)
      BTN: $11.23 (112.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J J
      MP2 posts BB OOP, 2 folds, MP2 checks, Hero raises to $0.60, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.40) 8 K 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1, MP2 raises to $3.03, Hero calls $2.03

Turn: ($7.46) 3 (2 players)
      River: ($7.46) 7 (2 players)

Results: $7.46 pot ($0.34 rake)
      Final Board: 8 K 9 3 7
      MP2 showed Q 9 and lost (-$3.68 net)
      Hero showed J J and won $7.12 ($3.49 net)

No stats on villain (playing on mobile app) but he seems like he can make moves. Earlier in the session he donked me 2/3 pot on Kxx flop and showed A-high bluff when I folded.
      In the current hand above he insta-checked the flop which kinda made me think he planned the c/r before seeing the cards. If he really had the goods here I think he would have paused for thought.

Ok to call against his stack with these reads, or not worth it in long run?

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello member001,

Yeah, of course I do remember. How has it been so far? I am fine myself, just about to finish my master "hopefully", at least working on last thesis. :) So would have a lot more free time to play poker and whatever I want.

As long you have such reads that he is capable of making moves it will be tough to fold while he doesn't even have a full stack. Most likely I'd also Call it down for the given information.

Best Regards.
    • member001
      member001
      Bronze
      How has it been so far?

Good thanks, moved up to NL10 since last time I was active on the forums as you can see and, miraculously, +11bb/100 after 27k hands. The voice of Veriz inside my head helps a lot! I have the BR to move up again but I think I should get at least 50k hands under my belt to make sure I've mastered this limit and not just running hot. Do you agree or would you advise just having a shot and moving back down if it doesn't work out?

GL with the thesis, glad my studying days are over!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by member001
      How has it been so far?

Good thanks, moved up to NL10 since last time I was active on the forums as you can see and, miraculously, +11bb/100 after 27k hands. The voice of Veriz inside my head helps a lot! I have the BR to move up again but I think I should get at least 50k hands under my belt to make sure I've mastered this limit and not just running hot. Do you agree or would you advise just having a shot and moving back down if it doesn't work out?

GL with the thesis, glad my studying days are over!
      Thanks mate, I hope to finish it and then have free time for myself.

About either to move up is the case that you can still take a shot if you have enough of BR, you don't have to open always all the same tables. Play like 80% of lower limit and 20% higher limit or whatsoever maybe just 1 higher limit table.