thoughts about last reload bonus offer and misc. games

• CRI4BRA
      CRI4BRA
      Bronze
      hello everybody

for some time i have a thought nagging me everytime i start pokerstars client

Pokerstars have offered a reload bonus of 50% max 250$ in the month of may

i am displeased to say that Pokerstars dont seem to like getting out of the herd when it comes to offering games online. what do i mean by that? it's the same running up for getting the profits running at max (possible) capacity. mention that i didn't same the games running.

this reload offer is not made for high stakes players , not even for middle stakes games, as high or middle no limit games the whole bonus is equal to 2 or 3 buy-ins at maximum.
      the reload is aimed at middle and/or micro limits.

well, you need 200 vpp to release 10$
      since 1vpp= aprox. 18c rake, you need to rake 36$ for pokerstars to be able to release 10$

the fun part comes when PS comes and put a cap on the time period you can do this job. i month for the whole bonus.

pokerstars expects now that the players who'd really need the reload bonus to risk running their bankrolls mutitabling to get the reload, and at this high rake rate which is this high only for the low-micro stakes players, for getting thr reload bonus? maybe, but only if they are poor players, who dont know to balance correctly between risk and reward.

the other problem i have with pokerstars which is also against 'we are poker' slogan is the other games of poker besides holdem or omaha.

you can play, of course, but games are not open under a certain limit.
      why they have stud for 04c-08c-1c but not mixed (horse or 8game) for the same limits

what is the cost of opening up tables on microlimits when you have thousands of tables on the site running up?
  • 1 reply
    • ragney
      ragney
      Bronze
      Reload bonus is fine, better than nothing. Any reg on NL10 and NL25 can clear a major part of the bonus.

All online poker site aim for profit. Stars actually has the lowest rake of all poker sites iirc.