$25.00
      BU:
      $26.44
      SB:
      $25.39
      BB (Hero):
      $25.00

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, K.
      CO folds, BU calls $0.25, SB folds, Hero raises to $1.25, BU calls $1.00.

Flop: ($2.6) A, 9, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, BU calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.6) 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.25, BU calls $3.25.

River: ($12.1) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.75, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $12.1.
      Villain is 32/8/1.7 over 251 hands

Basically i expect villain to call pre with alot of suited aces, pocket pairs, suited connectors and random broadways.

On this drawy flop i think i can often bet twice vs his range here, he can have alot of FD, straight draws, Tx,9x hands. If the board was dryer I'd just cc flop and reevaluate turn but in this case i dont wanna give him any free cards.

so i bet flop and turn and when the FD completes OTR i just c/f i think any Tx or 9x would check behind. I think weak aces would do the same. so basically he has a busted draw or a flush here and since his AF is so low id go with the latter.
  • 5 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      well ... the problem is you block Ks, therefore he doesn't have that many Fd combos ... just a thing you should realize ..

secondly, he's obv retard so bet is ok ... you didn't put any info about his AF....
      just a idea for ya sometimes it might be better to actually c/c OTT coz he will bet any draw + you just don't let him raise you as a bluff in this great spot where you would have folded quite enough the best hand... that's why I'd prefer cd vs maniac I guess ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello RainbowPonny,

I like your play here and I wouldn't play it any differently. No way to Check/Call the turn while there is enough of value from worse pairs/draws. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      sup veriz ...

you don't like the idea of ch/c even vs kind of maniac? (that's where I suggested it might be a good idea, obv vs uknown/normal player I'm always betting. Hopefully, it was clear from my post... ^^)

I just feel like whenever he raises us OTT we're more or less screwed even though we might know he has quite a wide raising range there ... That's why I might like a calldown vs such a player a little more ...

let's say we're aggainst quite aggro player, who stabs a lot etc ... What's your play OTT? b/s since after the raise we can assume he raises/calling a lot of draws?

hmmm ... I'm lost in these situations :f_biggrin: ... thx a lot for your time ;)
    • RainbowPonny
      RainbowPonny
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      sup veriz ...

you don't like the idea of ch/c even vs kind of maniac? (that's where I suggested it might be a good idea, obv vs uknown/normal player I'm always betting. Hopefully, it was clear from my post... ^^)

I just feel like whenever he raises us OTT we're more or less screwed even though we might know he has quite a wide raising range there ... That's why I might like a calldown vs such a player a little more ...

let's say we're aggainst quite aggro player, who stabs a lot etc ... What's your play OTT? b/s since after the raise we can assume he raises/calling a lot of draws?

hmmm ... I'm lost in these situations :f_biggrin: ... thx a lot for your time ;)
      Well this guy isnt a maniac, he is loose but pretty passive overall.

I'm not sure he even fires his draws if i check and probably not his worse pairs either therefore i think its far superior to bet for value.

And if we check and he checks behind wont like any Q,J,T,9,spade so i think checking here is pretty bad.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by KillerFishes
      sup veriz ...

Oh well, we are against passive guy so it's kind of the opposite and Checking the turn would be kind of bad even. Leave him to the case to Check behind all his draws which called on the flop.

Check/Calling the turn vs aggressive opponent wouldn't make sense either while he is capable of betting the river again and we wont be able to Call it. If we want to turn our hand into bluff-catcher then it should be on the flop.

Of course you are welcome for the evaluations, that's why I am here and glad to help you out and have the discussion. Have fun.

Just my answers lately ain't that fast cause have few weeks left of my master thesis which needs to be finished. That's what I am up right now. So kind of super-busy-veriz. :f_biggrin: But afterwards do-whatever-I-want. :D