Stack
      Hero:
      $109,7
      MP3:
      $22,75
      BU:
      $106,6

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

BU openraise = 42%
      4B range = 3.3%
      Fto3B = 53%
      FtoCB = 50%

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0,50, CO folds, BU raises to $2,25, Hero raises to $6,50, 2 folds, BU calls $4,25.

Flop: ($14,00) A:heart: , J:heart: , 5:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, BU raises to $21,00, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

I guess i overestimated my FE so just c/f on such a board?

Final Pot: $30,00
  • 8 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

Most likely it doesn't make sense to CB in first place cause you don't really get called from worse, I'd rather Check it and reevaluate the further actions. There are some but you can't do anything vs them on turn cause 2nd barreling isn't really going to show a lot profit there.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello chocular77,

Most likely it doesn't make sense to CB in first place cause you don't really get called from worse, I'd rather Check it and reevaluate the further actions. There are some but you can't do anything vs them on turn cause 2nd barreling isn't really going to show a lot profit there.

Best Regards.
      What do you think his callingrange looks like? Do you think a cbet is +EV here? Do you think he'll fold QQ?

It seems to me that cbet(bluff) > check/call
      With a ch/c our hand is face up so he can really make us to fold everything always. ch/f looks better than ch/c to me. Also cause we give free card and we are oop.

So for me the questions becomes is a cbet profitable? I think this board hits our 3bet range pretty good and I also think he can still have a pretty wide range with 53% f2cb so he can fold 88-TT and something like QK, QTs.

Correct if wrong again? :P
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And what would you do on the turn? He is calling with any FD type of hand and only hand what you might make to fold which is better is KK and even KK could have K. He is passive enough to just give up the hand if he Check/Call it and let him bluff once.

What you making to fold with the CB? PPs? Why not let him bluff with them? KQ? Why not let him bluff with them? He is mostly checking behind the turn.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      And what would you do on the turn? He is calling with any FD type of hand and only hand what you might make to fold which is better is KK and even KK could have K. He is passive enough to just give up the hand if he Check/Call it and let him bluff once.

What you making to fold with the CB? PPs? Why not let him bluff with them? KQ? Why not let him bluff with them? He is mostly checking behind the turn.
      Well that seems like a very good idea but if he is good he knows our hand is never that strong and he can just barrel his bluffs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Well that seems like a very good idea but if he is good he knows our hand is never that strong and he can just barrel his bluffs.
      Doubt that it's going to happen that often with such a guy who isn't even that aggressive with AF just 2.3 which is most likely even smaller in 3bet pots.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze

Because I wasn't sure about ch/c yet I also asked it to judjes from the judge community.

They would ch/f because that board is really bad and too many combo's will call us. Also there are many bad turns.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist

Because I wasn't sure about ch/c yet I also asked it to judjes from the judge community.

They would ch/f because that board is really bad and too many combo's will call us. Also there are many bad turns.
      Yep, most likely will be safer to Check/Fold, especially even being deeper. But depends of course the dynamics and how we see the opponent. Cause it could be even possible to Check/Call once if we assume his range being full of PPs and most likely he will just leave the pot alone on further actions.

For example, all PPs/AK hands:

Board: A:heart: J:heart: 5:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    43.54%  42.01%   1.54% { JJ-22, AKs, AKo }
      UTG+1  56.46%  54.92%   1.54% { QdQs }
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I totally understand you! :)