Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      MP3:
      $51,25
      Hero:
      $152,4

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:club: , Q:diamond:
      MP3 raises to $1,50, CO folds, Hero raises to $4,50, 2 folds, MP3 calls $3,00.

I didn't looked at his 4B stats and just assumed he would 4B QQ+,AK

Flop: ($9,75) A:heart: , 5:spade: , 2:heart: (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $6, MP3 raises to $13,75, Hero calls $7,75.

Since i thought he would 4B AK i couldn't fold to his small raise.

Turn: ($37,25) 9:club: (2 players)
      MP3 bets $18,75, Hero calls $18,75.

The pot got too big and i couldn't fold anymore...
      With his low wts and low c/r on flop i should fold here at the latest.

River: ($74,75) 6:spade: (2 players)
      MP3 raises $14,25 (All-In), Hero calls $14,25.

Final Pot: $103,25
  • 7 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello chocular77,

You should be already asking on the flop from what worse hands do you get called there? I'd rather be Checking behind on the flop cause his range is towards PPs and something like AK, and mainly weaker PPs ain't going to pay you. He doesn't have many FDs in his range.

But as played well, can't really figure out what we beat. With his 4bet range he isn't going for a 4bet with AK. I'd even consider Bet/Folding the flop cause I don't see what we beat there, do you see AJ in his range? Or bluffs play like that?

Best Regards.
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      I'd even consider Bet/Folding the flop cause I don't see what we beat there, do you see AJ in his range? Or bluffs play like that?

Best Regards.
      Not really, didn't thought enough about his range + I didn't look at his 4B stat...
      Thought that he maybe trys to make a stand because i pushed him around and
      play very loose on this table.
      But such a player doesn't adapt nor is he able to make outragious bluffs.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Wouldn't say so, if you played around with him couple of times then he would still at some point fight back but I would be more inclined that to do on different board than Ax. Where it's very likely that we have hit the board.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello chocular77,

You should be already asking on the flop from what worse hands do you get called there? I'd rather be Checking behind on the flop cause his range is towards PPs and something like AK, and mainly weaker PPs ain't going to pay you. He doesn't have many FDs in his range.

But as played well, can't really figure out what we beat. With his 4bet range he isn't going for a 4bet with AK. I'd even consider Bet/Folding the flop cause I don't see what we beat there, do you see AJ in his range? Or bluffs play like that?

Best Regards.
      What about preflop? For me it's just a call. We make all worse Ax/Qx fold now and our hand plays pretty good IP versus a lot of dominated hands.

If we don't bet the flop with our weaker hands like AQ(best of the check behinds I suppose), KK, QQ.. , with which hands we are going to balance? Don't we need to check back AA too if we check AQ?
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Chocular said he overlooked his 4bet%. I would flat here as well.

I don't think balance is necessary when opponent is not going to adjust in order to exploit us. I still think villain is going to x/r his AK if we only bet AA and better.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      What about preflop? For me it's just a call. We make all worse Ax/Qx fold now and our hand plays pretty good IP versus a lot of dominated hands.

Wouldn't say it's very bad to 3bet cause of his fold to 3bet is super high and most likely is even capable of calling worse Ax/Kx hands. Nor he ain't really 4betting that many hands and only nuts, we can easily take the initiative and with the position decide what we going to do. But neither flatting ain't wrong here to keep his range even wider. This kind of guy should be easily to overplay postflop if we even don't hit.

If we don't bet the flop with our weaker hands like AQ(best of the check behinds I suppose), KK, QQ.. , with which hands we are going to balance? Don't we need to check back AA too if we check AQ?

I'd Check behind also KK/QQ here. And I doubt that we need much of balancing vs a guy who is playing 18/9 = rather bad player.

Also what happened which ain't very good either where hero totally overvalued his hand in long run with TP vs a very tight opponent who has most likely in his Check/Raising range a strong hand.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Tnx!!