A Little Help Here!!!

• SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      It has been a while since I posted, but I am running into a brick wall and need some help. First the intro.

I have been playing OLP for about 4 years and started winning after joining PS.COM. 2008/2009/2010 went very well. Made about $15K during that period on FT, PP, and PS. 2011 was a little rough. My ROI dropped and I lost my main roll of about $1,000 on FT. I have had a BR as high as $5000 and was a reg on the PP $55 sngs.

2012 has had mixed results. I took a $50 starting capital on 888, transferred it to PP and ran it up to $1000. Withdrew some and then started to run bad. So I transferred the remainder to Stars. Since March I have been trying to run up my BR on stars and am having a horrible time. I am running abour $300 below ev for 1250 sngs.

Can anyone suggest some tools/methods to use to find leaks. I have HM and Wizard. I normally look at my games in SNGW and sometimes look at high chiploss hands in HM. But what I really am looking for is tips on agression and my game play in various stages. I have attached my graph and stats report.

My goals now are to attend 2 coachings a week, play 35 sng per day, and check on the forum for tips. Thanks to all. PS.COM is a fantastic site.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 3 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Hi, SecurityDrew!

Solid background. You've been around for a long time already.

Honestly, I've never been obsessed with numbers myself. I do occasionally look at blind level chip accumulation and pay attention to where I win/lose the most. I also work with wiz and nash daily. Tools that you didn't mention, but I think is a must is- ICM explorer. A really useful program. SnG solver another good one, although they are not leak finders, but programs that will increase your general knowledge. Review HH, post hands and discuss them with good players is also a must and a good way to go.

As for the graph, 300$ is a bit irrelevant. What matters here is how many BIs we are running under EV. In your case...that's a bit over 100 BIs for 1,2k games. Thats a bit rough tbh. But it could be much worse. The higher your ROI is, the lower the variance will be.

Cheers!
    • SecurityDrew
      SecurityDrew
      Bronze
      Kurrkabin

Thanks for the reply. I train daily on the Wiz. Normally on what I think needs improvement from previous day - bubble play or ITM.

Do you know a NASH trainer? I have a copy of the tables, but it would be nice to be able to committ to memory through repetitive training. Maybe that would be a good app for iPhone/iPad.

I guess the issue is 100 BI over 1200 games should indicate some leaks somewhere. Watching UNAM in a coaching the other day, I think I am following ICM a little too closely and not adjusting enough for regs/fish.

I have started a blog on this page
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Having a blog is a really good idea. Will keep you motivated, when you write down your goals- it makes you understand, follow and work for them more efficiently. I've heard of nash trainer. There was a thread few months ago. I don't have Iphone/Ipad though. Not a fan :)

Following ICM too closely could be a mistake. F.e. if you have 87o vs a passive fish for 10bb, you can still profitably shove, but is that the most EV decision? I also do r/f for 7-10bb eff. f.e. from time to time. Or r/c to induce. Basically, it's a huge topic, but I won't bother balancing vs fishes to be honest. Some times not even vs mediocre or bad regs. Just exploit them and deviate from nash.

Being 100 BI under EV for 1200 games indicates nothing but back luck. Sample is not big though. I think everybody has leaks or at least even the best make mistakes and misjudge different situations. Watch our SnG Videos, video producers are truly great players and there is so much to learn from them. Posting hands is also a must. I think videos had a bigger impact on me when I was kicking off, but posting hands become more important/efficient when I moved up the stakes. Since you are an experience grinder, just post every spot that you are unsure about and you will hear opinion from rest of the players/judges. I really think it's very helpful.

I will follow your blog.

Cheers!