This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Ak o flat Op nl 50 sh

• dzikson999
      dzikson999
      Bronze
      Entraction - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): €55.00
      SB: €20.60
      BB: €71.88
      UTG: €68.53
      MP: €63.28
      CO: €118.74

SB posts SB €0.25, BB posts BB €0.50

Pre Flop: (€0.75) Hero has A:club: K:diamond:

UTG raises to €1.75, MP calls €1.75, fold, Hero calls €1.75, fold, fold

Flop: (€6.00, 3 players) T:diamond: K:spade: 6:diamond:
      UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets €3.00, UTG raises to €10.50, fold, Hero calls €7.50

Turn: (€27.00, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (€27.00, 2 players) A:spade:
      UTG bets €10.00, Hero calls €10.00

I didnt 3 bet this hand for few resons players in blinds were very light 3 bettors 12% + so my plan was to induce sqeez and if utg fold, shove.
      As played Villain from utg is tight reg plays 16 /12 and agg f 3 , what to do on flop call, fold or is it stronger to shove?? His check raising range is composed off sets , tp, flush combo draws , and A A . How to play this hand ?
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dzikson999,

Doubt that he will have many combo-draws in his Check/Raise range but rather with any draw I would assume him rather be CBetting here. So could be even a trap with some strong hand or even AA. Therefore I'd Bet/Fold the flop, although I'd Bet it bigger on such a drawy heavy board ~$4,50.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello dzikson999,

Doubt that he will have many combo-draws in his Check/Raise range but rather with any draw I would assume him rather be CBetting here. So could be even a trap with some strong hand or even AA. Therefore I'd Bet/Fold the flop, although I'd Bet it bigger on such a drawy heavy board ~$4,50.

Best Regards.
      I'm not rly with bet/fold here. Actually I think I'm way more inclined to fold if we bet 4.5$ (we really need to do that here, I agree with that) and than he ch/r. Now we look weak and it's like we're just trying to take up the pot. He might notice this as a reg.
      Also he doesn't rep much good because he will certainly not give any free cards on that flop as the PFA with a good hand. Only good hand that maybe can play like that must be KK but that's just 1 combo.
      So actually I'm maybe bet/calling if I bet 4.5$ too... (not sure about this)

We can't bet the turn because all his semi-bluffs come in. Just take a free card and maybe hit our redraw.

Coach, what about the river? I think it's really though. Only hand we beat is KQ/KJ that makes blockbet. I doubt KQ/KJ will play like that on the flop so I don't really see what we beat.

What were the results dzikson999?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      So actually I'm maybe bet/calling if I bet 4.5$ too... (not sure about this)

Without any dynamics I don't like Bet/Call, especially vs a nit who has a really strong range there and what we only beat is a bluff. With any draw I would assume him CBetting himself. No information on the guy at all or dynamics.

Coach, what about the river? I think it's really though. Only hand we beat is KQ/KJ that makes blockbet. I doubt KQ/KJ will play like that on the flop so I don't really see what we beat.

Not sure if such a nit would even open those hands from UTG. At the best suited ones. And as you see not that many of those possible while we hold K, on board K and also I would assume he is never Check/Raising the flop with them. So the only reason to Call is to hope that he Check/Raises AQ/AJ hands or total bluffs. And also to make a note on the guy.