Anonomous tables - the future?

• gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Given the recent news that Poker Stars threatened Poker Table Ratings with legal action, it soon emerged that some of the data mining sites changed to an 'opt-in' service (see our news articles below):
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Daily-Rewind-Titan-Statement,-Secret-Data,-Spaceman-Guy-and-WPT-s-$25K-Event_59589/

Also, I have noticed on some sites that anonomous tables now outnumber the 'standard' type in micro-stake cash games at least.

Could this be the way forward I wonder? Will taking notes and gaining reads make a bid for freedom again? Will software such as Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker become obsolete at the tables given that hand numbers are often too few in one session to be of any use?

It's just a passing thought and I wondered if anyone perhaps had some insight into the future of this topic?

Regards,

Mal.
  • 4 replies
    • sileekhunt
      sileekhunt
      Bronze
      Dunno,

It would be interesting without Hold em manager.

I only play HUSNG $1 without stats - its pretty fun tbf. Just taking notes manually is good practice imo.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Don't think it'll be a future of big rooms like stars, kinda goes against their current model. For example not much point in having sponsored cash game pros if you can't see them play as well as it should result in lower rake generated overall since it's harder to mass multitable anonymous tables.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I think it'll be a phase that passes

it's bad for good regs and less fun for fish imo, I think getting to chat and see people again at the tables is a good thing, for regs I think developing metagame stuff with other regs is quite fun too

The fish wont benifit because 1. you never get decent samples on them and 2. it only takes 20 hands of 70/5 to know they're a fish anyway

I guess the only people that can benifit are bad regs with leaks that aren't immediatly obvious
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Thanks for you answers all, you brought a couple of points to the fore I hadn't considered at all.

Much obliged,

Mal.