$50.00
      BB:
      $26.50
      (Hero):
      $115.76
      Btn:
      $126.14

Preflop: Hero is utg with T, T.
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, Btn raises to $4.50, 2 folds, Hero calls $3.00.

Flop: ($9.75) T, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, Btn bets $7.44, Hero calls $7.44.

Turn: ($24.63) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Btn bets $18.81, Hero calls $18.81.

River: ($62.25) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, Btn bets $47.80, Hero raises to $85.01(All-In), Btn folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $110.05.

I decided to take this line as I had observed villain in a prev hand 3bet another utg open from btn and then barrel flop & turn. Not exactly a dead solid read, but he seemed quite aggressive.

Considering stack depth, should I be raising turn? or is this line optimal vs agro villains?
  • 5 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      I'm raising flop since we're deep I want to build the pot ASAP + we have quite wide perceived range since we're deep ... I guess it's geat spot for us ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DailyDollarPro,

If we Check/Raise the flop then we just making a lot hands to fold, even oveprairs most likely fold and for the given information you provided I like your plan and I would have played the same way. Nice hand!

Best Regards.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      @veriz:

so you're building the pot OTT? they're more than 200bb deep ... and I really think our range is wide and we're raising the flop with many worse (we have MANY sc/one/twogappers in our range....) and we will play them the same way ... imho, if we raise only these as semibluff it's kind of bad, hm?

I think 100bb deep is calling the best play, because we don't care about SPR ... However, like this? I really don't think he will ever lay down overpairs ... With c-r for value v represent mostly TT, JJ ... maybe sometimes JT ...

And then we have soooo many draws combos .. :)

I'm just for protection because I think we will mostly end up in bad situation when Q/spade/A/K gets OTT ... so I'm probably taking a little less +EV situation just coz I'm scared to play ;)
    • DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Bronze
      I think at these stakes people generally don't bluff when deep, and basicly never when oop. Hence checkraising here would just scream set.

Yes there are some gay cards that can hit the turn, so we are taking some risk by x/c flop. But if you think about it, a flop x/r to say $16.50 would still price in any draw he might have given implied odds and position. If he calls the x/r and now the scare card hits the turn we find ourselves in an awefull spot. By x/c flop, we get to see a nice cheap turn card and pick up a tonne of equity against a hand like A:spade: K:spade: . X/r flop is out of the question imo.

The only other option I like is x/r turn. With the 4:heart: brick we have his range smashed now. Villain has also committed a lot more chips, so will be more inclined to make a crying call with AA or KK. This villain however, I felt had a lot of air in his range. His stats suggest a lot of aggression and his turn bet sizing looked kind of bluffy to me as well. Most people won't bet quite so big here with an over pair, so I'm just going to walk the dog and let him try and bluff me.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      so you're building the pot OTT? they're more than 200bb deep ... and I really think our range is wide and we're raising the flop with many worse (we have MANY sc/one/twogappers in our range....) and we will play them the same way ... imho, if we raise only these as semibluff it's kind of bad, hm?
      No, I am building the pot on the river where I assume he is still betting for value there with strong overpairs also gives him the option to bluff as mentioned he is aggressive.

Raising wide on the flop? Not really, I don't see how our range can be wide, rather our range mainly contains those TT/JJ hands against which he will almost always fold his overpair.

I think 100bb deep is calling the best play, because we don't care about SPR ... However, like this? I really don't think he will ever lay down overpairs ... With c-r for value v represent mostly TT, JJ ... maybe sometimes JT ...

Would play 100BB the same and if almost all the stacks are in on the turn then I'd go broke there.

I'm just for protection because I think we will mostly end up in bad situation when Q/spade/A/K gets OTT ... so I'm probably taking a little less +EV situation just coz I'm scared to play ;)

Protecting from what? There ain't even that many draws in his 3betting range, so I am not really worried about GS nor FD.