BB: $42.26
      UTG: $25.00
      MP: $50.24
      CO: $44.68
      BTN: $25.00 (VP 16 / PR 13 / WTS 21)
      Hero (SB): $33.48

Hero posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has J:diamond: A:heart:

fold, MP raises to $0.75, fold, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3.37, fold, fold, BTN raises to $7.80, Hero raises to $33.48 and is all-in, BTN calls $17.20 and is all-in

Flop: ($51.00, 2 players) 7:spade: 6:club: J:spade:

Turn: ($51.00, 2 players) 3:club:

River: ($51.00, 2 players) 2:club:

I just don't ever see him being strong here. The problem is that with his stats, I don't ever see him doing this, either. It seems to be some kind of brain fart? I think I played it the right way by intuition, but I can't really find sound logic to justify my play. Any help there?
  • 3 replies
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      any dynamics? any chance he's doing it with strong hand willing you to sq?

usually any weird/fancy line is the nutzz ... this is deffo like that.
      so my feeling and intution is fold ... UNLESS you're active 3bettors, MP is fish then he might turn hands like 22-88 on something like this since he expects us to fold a lot + he has good eq vs our stacking range ...
      I'd say this depends on your stats + his skill level ...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello awishformore,

He is pretty nitty, so I assume h is raising range there is TT-QQ/AK more often than a lot weaker hands, therefore it's rather a Squeeze/Fold for me.

Either you played it correctly or not you also have to talk about the player himself and what kind of image you had yourself.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      yes the image of the people to act is important... If they have a sqz% than I'd fold after the sqz. Veriz also has a point, he seems tight.

Without good stats, without knowing eachother pretty good, I'd also fold it.
      I had the same situation a few days ago but there villain was a pretty aggro reg where I played some hands again and he know that I can be pretty squeezehappy so I just shoved and he folded there.

What was the outcame of this hand?