[NL2-NL10] NL5 bad 3bet pot play with QQ

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      PokerStars Zoom No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($5.90)
      SB ($8.52)
      BB ($5.99)
      UTG ($2.36)
      UTG+1 ($5)
      Hero (MP1) ($6.20)
      MP2 ($6.96)
      MP3 ($7.37)
      CO ($5)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.20, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.60, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.27) 2, K, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($1.27) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.95, Hero calls $0.95

River: ($3.17) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.40, Hero folds

Total pot: $3.17 | Rake: $0.13

Sorry I don't know how to find this hand in HM2 so I can't post stats. Copied it straight out of stars HH replayer.

I'm kind of aware that my hand looks like QQ and AK sometimes JJ and TT when I call this 3bet which I sort of feel adds to my problems.

Villains flop check makes me really wary for some reason, I got used to slowplaying villains I was sure he was trying to trap me with AK. I did not want to bet turn and get raised which I think can be happening a lot. So I went for C/C

On river, I elect to check again hoping he plays timid and checks behind his bluffs and his JJ TT or whatever he made a delayed cbet with. However he bets and I'm left wondering what he would do that with. For some reason I felt his river-bet sizing was immensely strong again.

AK - yes, AA that was scared of AK on flop - yes, Slowplayed set - Yes
      Low PP's that feel they have no SD value - sometimes
      hands like AQ that felt they stabbed turn and can't just give up now - sometimes.

I guess the way I played it I just have to call river because I underplayed my hand. It kind of sucks for me but I think I have to. It might have helped If I was able to save villain stats
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DaPhunk,

Not sure if I'd be even calling the turn in first place with our play. If we get checked what we could do ourselves is that just bet and pick up the sizing ourselves and maybe even get value from worse.

Usually I would assume him slowplaying very often here with like AK, especially such a sizing on the turn makes his range pretty polarized which just tells us that he has rather strong trap hand. If he really wanted to gain fold equity why not to CB?

Best Regards.