[NL2-NL10] NL2 fr. 5 bet shove AKs

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi
      i eneded up 5 bet shoving after villian 4 bets me , .. i thought i was prolly ahead of their range here coz it was from cut off .
      Question --- What im not sure about is tho , if i thought i was ahead of his range should i just call here , somtimes i 3 bet light from button or with strong hand , i try to balance , somtimes i call with strong hand , but i just go on gut fealing i dont have any specific time for doing each play , is this ok ?...so basically i wanna know wen to call with strong hand or wen to 3 bet (from button preferabbly)

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      $2.13
      Hero:
      $2

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with A:heart: , K:heart:
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, CO raises to $0.81, Hero raises to $2.00 (All-In), CO calls $1.19.

Flop: ($4.03) J:heart: , J:spade: , 9:heart:
      Turn: ($4.03) 5:spade:
      River: ($4.03) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.03

Results follow (highlight to see):
      CO shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ad Kc)
      Hero shows two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Kh)

CO wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ad Kc)
      Hero wins with two-pair, aces and jacks (Ah Kh)
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello LoKKK,

If you are 3betting in those spots then it means you are also doing it for value which means should also be planning to play for the stacks. Although myself I'd rather be flatting and keeping his CO range wide then 3bet it for value vs unknown.

Best Regards.