FR vs SH Zoom

• Hopey
      I'm interested to see what people think about the different versions of zoom offered. I've spent today playing a bit of both and I think by far (at low stakes) the FR games are softer. There are a lot of people playing fit or fold and post flop almost everyone just plays with their cards turned face up, 6max on the other hands seems to attract far trickier opponents.

Anyone else got an opinion?
  • 3 replies
    • NightFrostaSS
      I think FR zoom attracts more fish as was the case with rush too. But the overall nittyness is rly tilting and boring. And on low stakes both have a fair share of bad players.
    • EmanuelC16
      Hi Hopey,

I haven't played NL50 FR Zoom but from what I've seen at SH up to NL50 Zoom, there are plenty of bad players. For FR I think what fish will do worse is play way too loose from EP.

Apart from that, if you play 6max, you probably have a lower chance of getting a fish dealt at your table since there are only 5 spots left apart from you. When you play FR he can take any of the 8 spots left for and he isn't positionally aware anyway so you won't mind too much opening K8s from MP if you are targetting the fish in SB that calls 74o.

On the other hand, you have to be tighter in FR, regs are also tighter and make the mistake of folding more often than that of calling or betting in a bad spot. This means you need to exploit their nittiness which is usually harder and more of a grind than a thrill, unlike SH where you see stacks get in more often, although the Zoom/Rush format makes SH a bit tighter as well.

• MatejM47
      What do you guys think about FR zoom vs FR regular tables? I've just recently switched from SH to FR zoom and its amazing how nitty this game is played. Im wondering if the regular games are better now when many regs switched over to zoom?