[NL2-NL10] Hand Evaluation Coaching - Homework #34 13.05.12

• veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello PokerStrategists,

as some of you may have heard that we have a homework in each of our No-Limit Hand Evaluation Coachings.

Here is the homework for the coaching from May 13th, please note:

• Everybody is invited to share his thoughts here regardless if you joined the last coaching or not.
      • Whoever is active in the homework threads can get a free database analysis by us which helps you to improve your game.

Find the hand below waiting for you opinions and analysis posted in this thread. Furthermore do not forget to join our next coaching on Sunday, May 20th at 1 PM GMT.

888 Poker - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 7 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $11.41
      Hero (BTN): $10.00
      SB: $13.54
      BB: $14.08
      UTG: $14.75
      UTG+1: $12.24
      MP: $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has A:spade: K:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.50, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.15, 2 players) 7:spade: 7:diamond: 2:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.15, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $0.70, UTG+1 calls $0.70

River: ($2.55, 2 players) A:heart:
      UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1.70, fold

villain :40/0 over 15 hands so pretty much unknown

i decided to check back the flop as i didnt think i had much FE against his limp/call range, when he checked again on the turn i didnt think he had much of a hand, mostly draws, 8x hands and some under pairs so i took a stab, i bet the river for value as it looks like a good card for me to bluff and i thought he was calling with his 8x, maybe even getting stubbon/hero call with some underpairs but thats doubtful
  • 7 replies
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      I would get involved in the homework and comment but my comments on the hand are in the quote haha be interested to see how you guys think I should have played this
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Castle93
      I would get involved in the homework and comment but my comments on the hand are in the quote haha be interested to see how you guys think I should have played this
      You can still comment them what you thought and what could you have done differently. :D
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      okay, hero played it perfectly and there should be no disccussion ;) haha one thing i can pick up is i bet to big on the river to get called by worse
    • asimos
      asimos
      Coach
      Coach
      flop:I would bet the flop for value (he doesn't limp/call only with pp, he has also over cards with he could call).

turn: If get called on the flop I would check back this turn. If Villain donk the turn I would fold.

river: I def bet this river (maybe sth like $1.9+ / he looks like a fish, so might be able to call light here despite our "large" amount).
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I think it would be ok to bet for value on flop, you could get call from worse Ax hands, and other overcards, they also don't believe you have a hand.

As played on turn, it didn't change too much, so I agree with betting and trying to take the pot down, as he shows weakness. Or maybe even get value from Ax.

River I also like the big bet, if he has ace, he will never fold, even to a pot size bet I guess, and he proably does not have 99-KK, but in case he would have them, he might call still, thinking that hero is bluffinf. Maybe even hand like 66 can call. Plus 8x.

So if we exclude worse pairs than Ax, this could be pot size bet. If we try to get calls from weaker than Ax, then this bet is ok. Problaby this size is better, to get calls from 8x + Ax
    • Lightfoot363
      Lightfoot363
      Bronze
      I think against this loose Villain, i had decided to c-bet the flop. He has to fold many hands of his limp/calling Range. And as mentioned before he can also call worse hands.
      On the Turn i would check behind for pot control and because i dont see there much FE, if he calls the Flop.
      On the River i think the bitsize should be fine to get value from Pockets or 8x.
      I think if he has an A he would often bet himself the River, so i wouldn't bet too much.

As played i like the delayed c-bet, I think we create a lot of FE and on the other side it is a bet for free showdown (if we do not improve on the River) and with AK we often have the best hand against the fish.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello,

Flop: I'd rather CB the flop than Bet the turn cause you might even bet for value here. :) And can always secure yourself a free card for the river while can Check behind on turn. You wont be able to to Call the turn but meanwhile you might have the best hand and could easily get from worse Ax and maybe even Kx.

As played
      Turn: As said, no need to Bet it anymore as you decided to Check the flop, what did it change on the turn that you didn't Bet the flop?

As played
      River: Could even consider going for bigger value, if he has the Ax he is going to Call and if he doesn't have a hand he wont pay you much anyways.

Best Regards.