Elephant pleese help asap

• LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      hi
      wen i play poker with elephant , after about 20 miniuts my tables start freezing up for a few muinuits and my hands get auto folded, makes u go mad a wee bit coz i loose some good hands now and then

it seems to b getin worse , not sure tho , im thinkin its becouse my laptop is only 1gb RAM and GHZ is about 1.87 , things like twitter if i put on stop working aswell and keep saying 'not responding' for ages then it works for a bit.

Can somone that knows about computers tell me if my laptop having low specs is probably my problem
      Im tempted to spend my last money from my bankroll to buy a new more pwerfull laptop and Holdem manager and ninja master , but dont wanna spend if this isnt the problem .

p.s if i have to buy a new laptop can anyone give recomendation on what sort of one (specs) i will need .!

thanx .
      peace .!
  • 4 replies
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey LoKKK,

it sure sounds like your computer could use an upgrade if things like browser applications keep not responding regularly.

1gb RAM is not very much, especially with things like postgreSQL running in the background constantly.

I suggest a new computer/laptop, however, I can not give you any recommendations myself. Personally I'm using a desktop computer.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah ok i will get one i think , altho i just deleted a load of stuff from my laptop there and tried a wee 6 table session , and it went a bit better, lagged a wee bit but could still play, prety chuffed lol coz i was geting wicked reads using the stats that i dont usually have :)
    • EnterG
      EnterG
      Bronze
      One simple think i suggest is while playing (not sit out) press ctrl+alt+delete-->task manager-->performance and see what 's going on with the cpu and ram.If it is more than 75% or around there you have problem.
      Maybe you will loose a hand while doing it but i think it 's worth it.

Also you can go to Processes in task manager and see if a specific program need a lot of cpu or ram and delete it if you don 't need it that much.

Hope that helps.From the specs you provide i think you need a new one.Basically if you buy a new add as more memory as you can.1st memory then cpu then all the rest for poker.
    • LoKKK
      LoKKK
      Bronze
      yeah thanx
      I think ur correct , it bit funny coz i actually did this just yesterday for first time , but not wen playing just waiting for hands to load from hardrive to elephant , the memory one i think it was , was going rite to the top of the chart bit , thot if it went higher it would blow up lol