Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players -

BB: $27.40 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 19, 3B: 9, AF: 3.6, Hands: 284
      UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 16, 3B: 5, AF: 6.5, Hands: 349
      CO: $28.57 - VPIP: 24, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2.3, Hands: 173
      BTN: $26.48 - VPIP: 44, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 2.0, Hands: 59
      Hero (SB):

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.75) 8 :club: 8 :heart: Q :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.30, CO raises to $6.75, Hero calls $3.45

Turn: ($15.25) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $4.00, Hero calls $4

River: ($23.25) 8 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Fcbet 50%, Agg freq flop 43%

I dont expect to see hands like AA/KK/KQ/AQ in his flop 3betting range as I have enought 8x combos in my perceived range to make a 3bet with those hand look unprofitable.

Flushes should not be very often present on his range as I could have him drawing dead, don't think many players are thrilled about getting AI with fd on paired board.

8x combos can be in his range but I would expect him usually to just flat the x/r with them, I dont think he has any real reason to 3bet them because it looks way more profitable to just keep calling me down with them if I've proven to be aggressive.

As I've excluded almost all hands that can be for value what are we left for? Some bad response to a wide x/r range on a paired board? I am more inclined to be believe that this is the case given his small sizing, looks very much like a cheap bluff.

Also as I have wide x/r range in spots like these, I should expect regs to try playing back at me in some way so I should never think about folding a hand like this which is at the top of my range, right?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

Nah, I like the Check/Raise on the flop for value vs his wide CO range. Although I would also just Check/Shove the turn for value and protect our hand from the draws, he isn't going to bluff the river with such spot.

We also balance our Check/Raise line as bluff on this kind of spot, although which isn't that important on those stakes.

If they are fighting back then yep, they might also understand that you can't represent much and might even have weaker hands/draws in your range.

Best Regards.