Known players:
      (Hero):
      $50.75
      SB:
      $50.00
      BB:
      $40.50

Preflop: Hero is Btn with J, J.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, SB folds, BB raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $9.00, BB calls $5.00.

Flop: ($18.25) 8, K, 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($18.25) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $10.50, Hero calls $10.50.

River: ($39.25) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $21.00, Hero calls $21.00.

Final Pot: $81.25.

Villain is unknown. My plan here was to 4bet/call, of course that changed when villain decides to flat the 4bet oop. Should maybe have made it a bit bigger? $9.50 - $10.00?

Do we like check flop here? Only reason to bet that I can see is to fold out AQ which has 6 outs against us. Most of the mid stack rec players seem to be more than happy to stack off with QQ+ so really I should be losing only to KQ, KJ and maybe AK.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DailyDollarPro,

Preflop: I'd make it $10 most likely as 2,5xBB.
      Postflop: If I'd even Check behind the flop which of course is fine if you assume his range be this then I don't see any reason to Call the river without any specific information the guy being able to bluff. What do you expect to see there?

Best Regards.
    • DailyDollarPro
      DailyDollarPro
      Silver
      Well, he did show up with A:heart: Q:heart:

I really think only AK can value bet turn & river, and that's if he even has it in his range (I figure most players of this stack size will just ship it in pre). If he bets turn and checks river, or if turn goes check - check and then he bets the river I'm more inclined to give him a king. I guess he might show up with a set sometimes, but recies normally play small/mid pairs more passively preflop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      And that's how big part of his range? :) How big part of his range has you beat?