Poker / Diablo 3 ?

• SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      What are your considerations ? (micro stakes players) . .

Try and invest lots of time in Diablo III, enjoying the game and hopefully making some chunks of money from the real AH?

Or rather slowly keep building your bankroll in poker :) ?

Have anyone thought about this ?

I have this dilema, whether go diablo 3 or start another shot in poker.
  • 13 replies
    • Rammie
      Rammie
      Bronze
      Well all I am getting at the moment is: LOGIN SERVERS ARE BUSY... LOGIN SERVERS ARE BUSY... LOGIN SERVERS ARE BUSY... BATTLE NET IS DOWN.... YOUR CONNECTION HAS TIMED OUT... LOGIN SERVERS ARE BUSY... LOGIN SERVERS ARE BUSY....

answer to your question i doubt youll be able to make much money on the AH compared to poker but I plan on playing it to death even though it will be -$ev :P
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      If you think you are gonna make big cash than you probably are crazy. Unless you live in china or like a 3rd world country than you won't even cover the cost of the game.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      mute20, I don't have much understanding in diablo3 economy yet, can you explain ?
    • VladimirN
      VladimirN
      Bronze
      Shortly, you're competing against millions and millions of people who got the same idea of selling while 50k are buying.

You thought you found something rare which drops 1 in 100k, but there are thousands of those on AH, each one undercutting the other, eventually making it worthless.

That's my view on it anyways.

EDIT: Well yeah there will be separate servers so not all players will be on same AH, but you get the idea.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Bronze
      chinese D3 RMAH farmers will kill you. plus RMAH has limits of 250$ per item less 15% fee when you cash out to paypal and less 1$ for blizzard and your looking at 242.5$ for an ubber rare item

and if you decide to cash out from paypal to your bank there's another corresponding fee for that :D

so to answer your question, your better off grinding poker if you really want to make moniesz
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      probably takes months to get ubber rare item ha :)
    • mute20
      mute20
      Bronze
      I am still on the fence of buying it, but if i do it is since I loved playing diablo 2.
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Oh my...

I feared the date that this game would come out. I played Diablo 2 so damn much, hell, that was all I cared about when I was 16-18 pretty much. I feared the launch because I have a girlfriend, and she likes to watch movies on Sundays, and as you all know there is nothing worse than a movie when a good game is waiting for you... And well, things could and tend to go bad when a lot of time is spent without the GF.

I told her about the release this game called "diablo 3" that I wanted to buy. She said "OMG it's out, fuck my social life"

It seems I will still be in a steady relationship... That's a good reaction. Damn, and I was looking forward to this summer full of partying haha...
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Haha, I'm actually trying to resist the temptation in order to focus on Poker. I see poker as a potential way of making a living whilst diablo 3 is just for fun.

However, I'm afraid that I'd spend way to much time having fun rather than working on my game and improving, so until now I haven't bought it, but I can't guarantee that I wont soon, haha, pretty much everybody I know got it.
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Guthans
      Haha, I'm actually trying to resist the temptation in order to focus on Poker. I see poker as a potential way of making a living whilst diablo 3 is just for fun.

However, I'm afraid that I'd spend way to much time having fun rather than working on my game and improving, so until now I haven't bought it, but I can't guarantee that I wont soon, haha, pretty much everybody I know got it.
      You are very wise in resisting.

I think Diablo 3 might cause a drop in poker revenue. (temporarily)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Oh how I wish I was 14 or something and could waste away my teen years playing this game. :f_biggrin:
    • farbwenz
      farbwenz
      Bronze
      actually its still possible to play poker. just wait until the servers are down^^ like, for example, now
    • JohanRember
      JohanRember
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Oh how I wish I was 14 or something and could waste away my teen years playing this game. :f_biggrin:
      I know right?

So I bought the game yesterday... And I realized that level 60 is max level, which is quite sad. The constant reach for level 99 is gone, and level 60 has already been reached by Athene (Pokerstars PRO btw).