3b bluff:value

• peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      I can't remember what ratio of bluff:value it's mean't to be for 3b and 4b to have a balanced range. Can anyone help me?

I'm thinking 3b is 3:2 and 4b 2:3 bluff:value is this correct?
  • 5 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      wow
    • PoincaresConjecture
      PoincaresConjecture
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      wow
      lol
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PoincaresConjecture
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      wow
      lol
      not played in 9 months and my mind has gone to soup
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hello,

Trying to find the exact ratio here would be a waste of time imo. I don't know it and never bothered trying to find it since the game is too dynamic to create an exact range with the same ratio against everyone.

First of all, you have to make assumptions on how often you get 4bet or 5bet from what your opponent raises/3bets.

Next, you have to assume there is no more postflop play, which is not the case.

Last but not least, being balanced won't be MaxEV since the whole idea of being aggressive and 3betting is to put pressure on opponents to get them out of their comfort zone and force them to make big mistakes.

Against people that play OK vs 3bets you can just get some idea of their 4betting range and work out a 3bet/5bet range from there, same with 4bet/call it off. Also to consider, why would you want to go to war against someone that plays well against you? It makes no sense, your target should be the fish and regulars with obvious leaks, not the solid players.

Regards,
      Manu.
    • KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      You don't have to care about GTO ....you want to exploit ...

exploiting people => gto (being balanced) ...
      for instance - if he's folding a lot to 3bets, 3bet unbalanced range, 3betting balanced range isn't so much +EV ;)

EXPLOIT,EXPLOIT!! :) )