UTG: $2.30
      UTG+1: $2.19
      UTG+2: $2.03
      MP: $3.33
      MP+1: $2.58
      CO: $1.97

SB posts SB $0.01, Hero posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to $0.08, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17, 2 players) 8:diamond: 2:diamond: 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP+1 bets $0.14, Hero raises to $0.42, MP+1 calls $0.28

Turn: ($1.01, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $0.63, MP+1 calls $0.63

River: ($2.27, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $1.46 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins $2.19

any other way to play this? :D
      i'm not into 3betting preflop because i'm a nit and vs unknown i don't want to turn AK into a bluff, would rather do it with AQ (does this make any sense? :P )
      and c/c river should suck, because i think he checks behind his entire range that gets to the river there... even if i don't really expect him to snapgive me the money :D
  • 3 replies
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      I would rather 3-bet pre vs an unknown open from MP+1, it's generally ahead of his range.

Sorry no, doing with AQ and not AK doesn't make sense...at least against an unknown. You could maybe justify it against someone who folds a lot to 3-bets, so you 3-bet your junk and call with your best hands to extract more value...but then I'd rather call with AQ as well.

In any event being OOP I like 3-betting good hands when we think we're ahead of their range because I don't mind taking down their bet and it's easier to play a bigger pot.

I don't think calling is a big mistake though. I usually call with AK against UTG bets from reg types for example, that could be overnitting on my part maybe.

Hand looks good, shame he didn't call with K-high flush :(
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mrbeer9999
      I would rather 3-bet pre vs an unknown open from MP+1, it's generally ahead of his range.

Sorry no, doing with AQ and not AK doesn't make sense...at least against an unknown. You could maybe justify it against someone who folds a lot to 3-bets, so you 3-bet your junk and call with your best hands to extract more value...but then I'd rather call with AQ as well.
      exactly! "someone who folds a lot to 3bets" is typical FR2 zoom unknown weaktight player.

actually i hate to 3bet these hands OOP, i rather 3bet hands like suited connectors which play pretty easily.
      from blinds i think i most often call AK-AJ and 3bet lower aces as a bluff (mostly for blocker value), also they usually play so face up when calling 3bets that i don't run into that many problems :P
      AK-AJ still play pretty well for 3bets in position though.

i wonder how profitable it can be played that way and i wonder if it makes a lot of sense :D "been working for me"...
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Tomaloc,

Preflop: Calling is totally fine here and keeping his range even wide. If we 3bet then we have to turn our hand into bluff. :)

As played
      Postflop: Like your play here and most likely I'd play the same way. We might even able to count all the overcards as outs and of course nutFD.

Best Regards.