This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2: 76s CO - correct play?

• TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):
      $2.40
      BU:
      $1.57
      SB:
      $2.13
      BB:
      $3.70
      MP2:
      $1.28
      MP3:
      $0.89

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6, 7.
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU folds, SB calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 7, 6, 4 (2 players)
      SB bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, SB raises to $0.26, Hero raises to $0.85, SB raises to $2.07, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.28) A (2 players)

River: ($4.28) T (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.28.

Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, sevens and sixes(6d 7d).
      SB shows a straight, eight high(5h 8h).

SB wins with a straight, eight high(5h 8h).

I know I was supposed to be playing full ring but a bunch of people just left the table anyways I ended up with this hand. Don't have stats on villian think he was new to the table.

Since i was in the CO unopened pot standard raise..

Villain calls so assuming he's not making some funny play i put his range on somthing like a pocket pair set mining or other suited conectors brodway something like J9s+ JTs QJo etc.. Didn't expect him to just call with TT+

Flop top 2.. board is wet with straight and flush draws out

Villian leads min bet. first thought was either he completely missed and was taking a light stab at the pot... or 2nd thought was maybe was jsut his way of controlling the pot maybe he flopped a flush draw and wanted the next card cheap if i called..

RR for value with top 2 plus i don't wanna give a free card with flush draw out.

Villian RR light. thought it was weak and i was good so i got it in

Correct play?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Gold
      minlead is usually weak but minlead/min3bet is 95% of the time a value line :D and really strong at that

i think we should just call the min3bet and try to hit a FH. 4 outs but whatever... can play for stacks then.
    • TeddyTaiwan
      TeddyTaiwan
      Bronze
      So overplayed? just what he turned up with didn't fit into the range i gave him.

Probably should have folded as could have been very likely to have a set maybe even though i have 2 of the other cards, but other than that Im racing against a straight flush draw

I dunno =S

At these stakes alot of people do some funny things like a raising race and end up calling with rags i guess i thought he was trying to do something funny
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I think you can´t go wrong playing for the stacks- he can have just 5x, some overpairs or draws and there are a lot of bad cards to you. Since his small 3-bet looks really strong you can always call and see what he does on the turn

best regards,