PLease some analysis on my NL10 game

    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Hello.
      I have been playing NL10 for a bit and would like to know wheter my game is ok or not. Because I think it is not overall,maybe only for NL10 (because I moved to nl25 and lost huge part of the bankrol just in one session by playing the same style there) Can u maybe add some differences I should be aware of when moving up again? Maybe have to play tighter on nl25? Please any feedback would be great
      overall


      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

      graph


      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

      positional


      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

      preflop


      Uploaded with ImageShack.us

      P.S sorry the images dont appear right here in the post, but when I try to add the IMG tag it doesnt allow me to post - says : One of the images you've uploaded is invalid. Only .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp and .png files are supported.
      they are all png files, so I dont know whats the problem
  • 12 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2010 Posts: 13,897
      Hi benaars,

      I edited the images into your post.

      On the right side in ImageShack there is an embed menu. Click there and copy/paste the forum link when you want to post images.

      I am in a bit of a hurry now but will have a look later today. Also, please add the Raise First In (RFI, unopened pfr%) stat in the positional report since it's an important one.

      Regards,
      Manu.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Hi EmanuelC16,
      Thank you for editing my post.
      I think I found the right stat, but I am not sure, correct me if I am wrong, will try to find it one more time.
      Positional



      Uploaded with ImageShack.us


      Edit: Still dont get it how you made those pictures like that in the post, this is the best I could get :D
      Edit: Well now it should be good(I hope)
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Originally posted by benaars
      Hello.
      I have been playing NL10 for a bit and would like to know wheter my game is ok or not. Because I think it is not overall,maybe only for NL10 (because I moved to nl25 and lost huge part of the bankrol just in one session by playing the same style there) Can u maybe add some differences I should be aware of when moving up again? Maybe have to play tighter on nl25? Please any feedback would be great
      overall
      I don't mean to be critical - but if you are following decent BR management I don't see how you could lose a huge part of your BR in one session(provided ofc that the session was not like a 48h one and you had no stop-loss limit)?

      Assume these are all for NLHE FR games?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2010 Posts: 13,897
      The stat you found is the right one.

      Like you also mentioned and it's also shown in your stats you play very loose. A lot looser than the average winning player. This is not a leak or bad. Risks do exist though!

      For one, if you have can't handle swings and tilt easily you will be in trouble playing so loose. You have a profitable very loose but good aggressive style which can be transformed into a bad aggressive style which loses money the fastest if you tilt!

      Next, you have to be able to identify where you are getting played back at because of loosness which brings us to your NL25 attempt. I think you didn't get the best of cards, your opponent seemed a lot more aggressive than those at NL10 and you suddenly found yourself out of your comfort zone. This lead to you playing a lot worse than your best.

      From your stats I don't see any big leak to be honest. The only thing I strongly advise against is cbetting with such a high frequency on NL25 and above. You play very loose, your postflop range will also be weak, your cbet should be a lot lower, not 85%! I think around 70% is doable but still on the high side when you open so wide.

      Apart from that, I can only suggest playing a bit tighter from EP and MP until you get to know your opposition next time on NL25 and keep it solid both pre and postflop. Don't start shoving 76s because you got 4bet twice by 2 different opponents! ;)

      Cheers.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Originally posted by Skraggy
      I don't mean to be critical - but if you are following decent BR management I don't see how you could lose a huge part of your BR in one session(provided ofc that the session was not like a 48h one and you had no stop-loss limit)?

      Assume these are all for NLHE FR games?
      well no it wasnt a 48h session, it was normal session for few hours maybe bit less then 1000 hands. I lost so much because I didnt really check on my results before the session ended for me. And by the huge part I mean I lost ~140dollars in that session, and considering that I had about 700 bankroll for nl25(u actually need only 625) then in my opinion loosing the fifth part of your bankroll is HUGE. My bankroll management is ok, thats why I moved a limit down)And no it is NLHE SH games
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      The stat you found is the right one.

      Like you also mentioned and it's also shown in your stats you play very loose. A lot looser than the average winning player. This is not a leak or bad. Risks do exist though!

      For one, if you have can't handle swings and tilt easily you will be in trouble playing so loose. You have a profitable very loose but good aggressive style which can be transformed into a bad aggressive style which loses money the fastest if you tilt!

      Next, you have to be able to identify where you are getting played back at because of loosness which brings us to your NL25 attempt. I think you didn't get the best of cards, your opponent seemed a lot more aggressive than those at NL10 and you suddenly found yourself out of your comfort zone. This lead to you playing a lot worse than your best.

      From your stats I don't see any big leak to be honest. The only thing I strongly advise against is cbetting with such a high frequency on NL25 and above. You play very loose, your postflop range will also be weak, your cbet should be a lot lower, not 85%! I think around 70% is doable but still on the high side when you open so wide.

      Apart from that, I can only suggest playing a bit tighter from EP and MP until you get to know your opposition next time on NL25 and keep it solid both pre and postflop. Don't start shoving 76s because you got 4bet twice by 2 different opponents! ;)

      Cheers.
      Yeah, I thought so that you are going to think that I am loose... I am actually thinking the same but on NL10 I just cant stand myself not to isolate with medium hands and open and 3bet with various hands because people are so tight there and doesn't play back very much... About Cbeting I can only agree, It is actually a big improvement in my game that it is only 85% now, because before I used to cbet 90 or close to 100% of the time. And when I started taking my shots at nl25 indeed it appeared to me that there are no fish at the table it is only me and regs and everybody is so aggressive, I just cant even properly read hands and everything is so messed up when I play there... should I just try to play very thight style for the starts (like 20VPIP?( never played that thight, it is going to be huge for me)) and then try to adjust to opponents and the game when I am ready?
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      ahh and one more.. Would you suggest that I start with fullring for the starters better, or it doesnt matter so much?
    • DeLau
      DeLau
      Bronze
      Joined: 10.01.2009 Posts: 1,606
      Imo your stats are great. When I played NL25, I got away with c-betting 80%, don't think it 's a problem. You just have to know how to handle it, don't get too spewy.
      Usually the higher you get, the more people will play back better at your aggressive style. This means you have to be a better player to maintain same aggression level.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2010 Posts: 13,897
      I think you misunderstood me a bit.

      I meant tighten up a bit OOP, so in EP and possibly MP but not by much and pay more attention to cbets which will naturally decrease you frequency because people wont fold as often just because they have missed. Definitely not play 20VPIP! It's unfamiliar for you and it won't work if you don't know how to play so tight.

      The difference in skill is not that as big as it looks at first but you need to keep your composure, play your best and don't spazz out, nobody is out to get you. If they are you will see it and should CAREFULLY take advantage of that. Don't go into ego wars, simply play it smart, wait for the right hands to play back. An example would be to not 4bet bluff with 53s just because he 3bet you the second time from BB... wait for a blocker hand like K4s, call good hands like KQs, KJs, AQs vs a wide 3bettor.

      Make notes, pay attention to any action that could give you an advantage!

      Table select very carefully as well.. you might beat all NL10 regs but not all NL25 regs. Choose the best tables you can to start with and go from there.
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think you misunderstood me a bit.

      I meant tighten up a bit OOP, so in EP and possibly MP but not by much and pay more attention to cbets which will naturally decrease you frequency because people wont fold as often just because they have missed. Definitely not play 20VPIP! It's unfamiliar for you and it won't work if you don't know how to play so tight.

      The difference in skill is not that as big as it looks at first but you need to keep your composure, play your best and don't spazz out, nobody is out to get you. If they are you will see it and should CAREFULLY take advantage of that. Don't go into ego wars, simply play it smart, wait for the right hands to play back. An example would be to not 4bet bluff with 53s just because he 3bet you the second time from BB... wait for a blocker hand like K4s, call good hands like KQs, KJs, AQs vs a wide 3bettor.

      Make notes, pay attention to any action that could give you an advantage!

      Table select very carefully as well.. you might beat all NL10 regs but not all NL25 regs. Choose the best tables you can to start with and go from there.
      Alright, I am going to be tighter from EP and MP1 with opening, but what is frustrating to me is the frequency they call my 3bets and squeezes. In nl10 it is enough to 3bet and cbet and they will fold like 80% of the time to that, but nl25 this is not happening... should I introduce more double-barelling to opponents who tend to call my cbets... And what is good range to defend against 4bets? I see they tend to 4bet much, much more than in nl10 and my default is to fold against 4bets if it's not value hand... or if we maybe have so dynamics going on..
    • benaars
      benaars
      Gold
      Joined: 03.06.2010 Posts: 732
      Originally posted by lpdlamei
      Imo your stats are great. When I played NL25, I got away with c-betting 80%, don't think it 's a problem. You just have to know how to handle it, don't get too spewy.
      Usually the higher you get, the more people will play back better at your aggressive style. This means you have to be a better player to maintain same aggression level.
      Thanks! really nice when someone better thinks my stats are good!
      Yeah, usually I cbet close to 90% when heads-up except if the guy is nit(way ahead of my range) or doesnt fold to 1cbet much... when multiway I am more careful, trying to bet only for value or like semi-bluff hands.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.01.2010 Posts: 13,897
      Originally posted by benaars
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      I think you misunderstood me a bit.

      I meant tighten up a bit OOP, so in EP and possibly MP but not by much and pay more attention to cbets which will naturally decrease you frequency because people wont fold as often just because they have missed. Definitely not play 20VPIP! It's unfamiliar for you and it won't work if you don't know how to play so tight.

      The difference in skill is not that as big as it looks at first but you need to keep your composure, play your best and don't spazz out, nobody is out to get you. If they are you will see it and should CAREFULLY take advantage of that. Don't go into ego wars, simply play it smart, wait for the right hands to play back. An example would be to not 4bet bluff with 53s just because he 3bet you the second time from BB... wait for a blocker hand like K4s, call good hands like KQs, KJs, AQs vs a wide 3bettor.

      Make notes, pay attention to any action that could give you an advantage!

      Table select very carefully as well.. you might beat all NL10 regs but not all NL25 regs. Choose the best tables you can to start with and go from there.
      Alright, I am going to be tighter from EP and MP1 with opening, but what is frustrating to me is the frequency they call my 3bets and squeezes. In nl10 it is enough to 3bet and cbet and they will fold like 80% of the time to that, but nl25 this is not happening... should I introduce more double-barelling to opponents who tend to call my cbets... And what is good range to defend against 4bets? I see they tend to 4bet much, much more than in nl10 and my default is to fold against 4bets if it's not value hand... or if we maybe have so dynamics going on..
      Some posts I made about 3betting a couple of weeks ago. Lots of good info there to correctly construct a 3bet/4bet/5bet range imo.

      AK and QQ preflop on lower stakes

      What's more important while 3betting, history or stats?

      Manu.