4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO (€2.05)
      BTN (€2)
      SB (€3.44)
      dienaszaglis (BB) (€2.04)

Pre-Flop: (€0.03, 4 players) dienaszaglis is BB 2:diamond: 2:heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to €0.06, 1 fold, dienaszaglis raises to €0.20, BTN calls €0.14

Flop: K:club: 3:diamond: A:diamond: (€0.41, 2 players)
      dienaszaglis checks, BTN checks

Turn: K:spade: (€0.41, 2 players)

River: 8:spade: (€0.41, 2 players)

Final Pot: €0.41BTN showsQ:heart: J:heart: dienaszaglis shows two pair, Kings and Deuces2:diamond: 2:heart: dienaszaglis wins €0.40 (net +€0.20) BTN lost €0.20

PRE
      Villain is 15/15 after 15 hands, basically unknown. Calling here sucks. As I don`t like to fold PP, I 3bet.

FLOP
      Assuming, villain opens pretty wide, this flop hits his range a lot. Basically I give up here. Otherwise, my plan is to c-bet on dryer boards and take it down on the flop.
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dienaszaglis,

Preflop: On those limits I wouldn't be 3betting in first place cause you will very often see a Call. You just have to call 4 cents, why not to set-mine?

As played
      Postflop: Not much to comment, can't CB such a board while it hits his range.

Best Regards.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      I like 3betting better, because then I have the initiative and I can take the pot more easily on the most dry flops.
      If I flop a set, I can get his stack, or most of it, because the pot is bigger. I don`t mind villain calling my 3bet PRE as he would play fit/fold in 3bet pot on flop.

Calling for me is 2nd best option.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      I like 3betting better, because then I have the initiative and I can take the pot more easily on the most dry flops.
      If I flop a set, I can get his stack, or most of it, because the pot is bigger. I don`t mind villain calling my 3bet PRE as he would play fit/fold in 3bet pot on flop.

Calling for me is 2nd best option.
      And then rather a tight opponent who most likely Calls against you will have better PPs in the calling range? :) You CB dry boards and give money for him? Why? :)
    • mrbeer9999
      mrbeer9999
      Basic
      There is a school of thought that one should 3-bet baby pockets from the blinds to perceived blind steals instead of set mining; rather as one might do so with suited connectors. So it's a semi-bluff designed to take down the pot that we can easily get away from if we miss the flop, which we usually will of course.

The reason being that the idea of set mining is to play for stacks and a blind steals typically represent a wide and therefore weak range which is unlikely to put a lot of money in plus we are OOP and it's hard to extract value when we hit. Therefore the theory goes it's more EV to resteal than set mine.

All that said, I have no firm opinion on this matter one way or the other, just to mention that 3-betting baby pockets from the blinds is a respectable tactic.

As played I make a stab at the pot either flop or turn since he shows no interest.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      I agree, what mrbeer9999 said - 3betting here is more +EV.

If I set mine, villain will c-bet on most flops and I would have to fold. Unless, I hit my set. But in this case, there is small chance, that villain will pay me off, because, most of the time he will miss the flop.

It`s a fair assumption, that villain opens 20%. PP`s take only about 5% of that range. If flop would show 1 overcard, he would have hard time calling me in 3bet pot.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      i think that while we are on micros there are more things to consider :f_biggrin:

is he positionally aware? how often does he open? raise sizes?
      and we don't really have to c/f every miss, we can still station or mix it up...

i "randomly" use both lines (call/3bet) personally :f_biggrin:
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Tomaloc, villain is unknown only after 15 hands.

But you are right, as is veriz. Both choices are fine :f_p:
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah i know. was just following the discussion :f_biggrin:

about the actual hand, vs such an unknown it's pretty close to me (not as in "marginal", just that i see about equal merit in both)
      i think it depends on how loose-spewy i'm feeling that session :D
    • Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Preflop: I'm closer to folding too.
      In general I would like to try 3betting range like:
      TT+, AJs+, KQs, AJo+, KQo
      Would be more fun to get called by dominated broadways.

At widest I'd 3bet also ATs, KJ, 99, but that's if Villain doesn't like to fold ever.

Some time ago was 3betting PP's a bunch, but it seems, that it is losing me money in a longterm, if I do it by default.

Postflop:
      As played I like flop check.

Turn: I'm sick, so I would 2b turn and River after his checks,
      because it looks like he has weak pair there like TT-88 or QJ, JT.
      He would ~100% bet there Ax and check the rest of the hands.

GL ;)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      You guys don't take into account that limits are way different. It's NL2 so it's super-easy set-mining spot cause on those people pay almost always with TP or whatever hands which doesn't apply for higher limits. :) Try not adjusting vs opponents but also limits.