[NL2-NL10] NL2 AJo BvB FR

• Aingles
      In this hand , the SB IMO is a fish and I had already noted him as such . He makes a min raise from the SB and I this made me think straight away that he was trying to steal the blind with any two cards. So decided to 3bet to re-steal and to my shock he called . The flop is dry , and after he checked , so I thought 1/2pot cbet was enough to take down the pot . He decided to re raise , and as I was only Ahigh, I folded . Taking in mind that he is a fish, should I of value onthe flop (3/4pot) , or should I of just cheched behind ? Also I should never 3bet on the flop should I ?

EDIT: Also , his raise was instant . The moment I had made my cbet , his raise came a fraction of a second later .

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with J, A.
      7 folds, SB raises to $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, SB calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.24) 2, 9, 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.12, SB raises to $0.24, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.36.
  • 1 reply
    • Gerv

By the low cBet sizing, you are opening yourself up of being bluffed. I think betting a little bigger is a bit better.

If you think he is plainly doing some ridiculous things, you can shove here because you can get some fold equity & when called you mostly have 6 outs as well

But if you think he raises any pair then it is pretty bad to shove as he will simply click the call button

- Gerv