• 56 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      How big is your BR?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      sorry for off-topic, but it's just me, or is it uncommon a bit, that elephant counts Big Blinds / 100 hands instead of Big Bets ?(

your stats: do you play SH or FR?
      Because if it's full ring, 25,6%/20,3% VP$IP is high and if it's SH, than Preflop raise is too low :/ (i'm talking about 0.25/0.5 & 0.5/1.0)

and question about BR is very good as it looks like you moved up too early (0.25/0.5->0.5/1)..

and now lets see what good players think :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I play FR on 0.5/1 and sh on 0.25/0.50 atm.

My BR is currently at 355$ and yes I did move up to early, at about 250$, DON'T FOLLOW MY EXAMPLE!!!!!! But I did this only because I have been a winning player at this limit before but I stopped playing for a while(had to study) and I started fresh from about 75$ and I knew I can beat it.

That isn't VP$IP, it's hand range, but it's pretty much the same thing, right? So a bit to LAGy you say :D Hmm... interesting, I've noticed that myself. Maybe it's because sometimes I call highly speculative hands if there are a lot of loose aggressive fish at the table.

OK keep the comments coming, I want to hear more :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Moderator who doesn't follow BRM... c-c-c :)
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      sorry for off-topic, but it's just me, or is it uncommon a bit, that elephant counts Big Blinds / 100 hands instead of Big Bets ?(
      Of course Big Blinds. Isn't that normal (for FL)?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I noticed that as well with Bigblinds instead of BigBets. Pretty .... and I hope it get changed soon. ;)

A winrate of 1 BigBet / 100 is good where 1 BigBlind / 100 is not. :D
      And as everyone is talking about BigBet if he says BB it can become VERY confusing.

@Dippy19: If you play SH and FR then please filter the stats as together they are worthless.

You call way to much in the BB against a steal (55% is good, 45% is too much).

I can't say much more about your stats as it is years ago since I played FR the last time. :/

What does c-c-c mean? Call-call-call?
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I think PO had BB/100 as BigBlinds too. But I'm not completely sure.

No, c-c-c is just an interjection :)
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      If you play SH and FR then please filter the stats as together they are worthless.
      Sorry about that, but only 0,25/0,50 is SH.

Originally posted by ciRithYou call way to much in the BB against a steal (55% is good, 45% is too much).
      You lost me here how can 55% be good and 45% to much. Can you tell me what the fold BB to a steal should be? It'll be easier that way.

Originally posted by ciRith
      What does c-c-c mean? Call-call-call?
      Lol.

@CoreySteel - I do follow BRM, I just moved up to a limit that I have played before a little faster, because I already knew I can beat it.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze

You lost me here how can 55% be good and 45% to much. Can you tell me what the fold BB to a steal should be? It'll be easier that way.
      How many times you fold BB when others are stealing

@CoreySteel - I do follow BRM, I just moved up to a limit that I have played before a little faster, because I already knew I can beat it.
      That's no excuse! :)
      I know I can beat 0.25/0.5 but that not means I'll move up to 0.5/1.
      What about a downswing where you can't do anything? What about if you lose 100BB? Will you go 2 levels down then?
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      I get what he meant with the whole BB steal thing, I just don't understand his statement, I think it's contradictory or I understood it wrong.

Can we please stop talking about my BRM :P
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I guess he's saying that you defend too much BB.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Thank you Captain Obvious :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      What the hell do you want to know then? :)
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      What does handrange flop mean?

If it's VPIP then there's too big a gap between your VPIP and your PFR.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I think handrange is VPIP + check on BB.
      This is my interpretation.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CoreySteel
      I think handrange is VPIP + check on BB.
      This is my interpretation.
      +call SB +BB defense imo

Otherwise I have no idea why there would be such a gap...
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Isn't call VPIP? :)

I guess you don't stick to SHC and you defend too much blinds :)
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I do a fictional sample because this above is a bit unlucky with 55 and 45.

Let's say you have 40% fold BB to stealraise. This means that you defend 60% of your hands in the BB when someone is stealraising you.

The standard value for "Fold % BB to stealraise" is 55% which means that you defend just 45%.

Defending too much costs you money because you have to fold very often with your weaker hands and the mre waek hands you defend the more you have to fold = you lose more money.

@PO: I used PO 2 years and it's BigBets as well or my winrate is really low. ;)

Btw from where should I know what c-c-c means as a non english native speaker. :/ You are all so cruel to me. :D
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze

@PO: I used PO 2 years and it's BigBets as well or my winrate is really low. ;)
      I opened my PO and you are correct (of course) :P

Btw from where should I know what c-c-c means as a non english native speaker. :/ You are all so cruel to me. :D
      Neither am I :)