Hero (BTN): $25.94 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 4.2, Hands: 106229
      SB: $10.05 - VPIP: 52, PFR: 6, 3B: 5, AF: 0.8, Hands: 65
      BB: $31.00 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 15, 3B: 7, AF: Infinity, Hands: 52
      UTG: $24.26 - VPIP: 39, PFR: 4, 3B: 0, AF: 1.9, Hands: 106
      UTG+1: $28.17 - VPIP: 12, PFR: 7, 3B: 2, AF: 1.6, Hands: 1107
      UTG+2: $24.50 - VPIP: 11, PFR: 7, 3B: 3, AF: 13.0, Hands: 227

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with J :spade: A :heart:
      5 folds, CO raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, SB calls $0.65, 1 fold

Flop: ($2.50) A :club: K :heart: 8 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $1.25, Hero calls $1.25, SB calls $1.25

Turn: ($6.25) 7 :heart: (3 players)
      SB checks, CO checks, Hero checks

River: ($6.25) A :diamond: (3 players)
      SB bets $8.05, CO folds, Hero calls $8.05

SB:

CO:
  • 12 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Not sure how many hands we even dominate from CO range, therefore to avoid loose guys behind us to join the pot I'd 3bet as bluff.

As played
      Postflop: As long he may also even have worse Ax hands in his range will be tough to fold.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

Preflop: Not sure how many hands we even dominate from CO range, therefore to avoid loose guys behind us to join the pot I'd 3bet as bluff.

As played
      Postflop: As long he may also even have worse Ax hands in his range will be tough to fold.

Best Regards.
      But if I 3bet I also have to plan to go for stacks if SB shoves right? I mean he has just 40BB. Why do you think that we are not dominating CO range. I do believe that he opens QJ,KJ,JT,Axs so we should overall still dominate.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      He won't shove often and if shoved you can fold.
      If your hand is JJ, I'll call instead because of your reason.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Sikac,

As played

Best Regards.
      But if I 3bet I also have to plan to go for stacks if SB shoves right? I mean he has just 40BB. Why do you think that we are not dominating CO range. I do believe that he opens QJ,KJ,JT,Axs so we should overall still dominate.
      That's not only about that, as I mentioned you are most likely turning yourself into multiway pot. At least 3+ persons, do we really want to play it?

And I like the Gonchan explanation, I'd also Call with JJ but AJo rather as bluff.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Some questions here..

1) isn't it good that a loose guy joins the pot preflop? He will do it with a lot of dominated hands.

2) I'd bet turn with such a good hand for value. Espacialy from the fish who will have a lot of worse aces.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Some questions here..

1) isn't it good that a loose guy joins the pot preflop? He will do it with a lot of dominated hands.

2) I'd bet turn with such a good hand for value. Espacialy from the fish who will have a lot of worse aces.
      About the 2nd question:
      I thought about it but If somebody raises? Are you going to continue?Even if the fishes shoves after I raise I think he has me crushed multiway and probably I m against 2pair or Flush
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Some questions here..

About the 2nd question:
      I thought about it but If somebody raises? Are you going to continue?
      No I won't but is that a reason not to bet?

For example when we have JJ on a 4s6s8x board vs a TAG who isn't spewing a lot. We also have to bet that for value on the flop but if he raises we probably fold...
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Some questions here..

About the 2nd question:
      I thought about it but If somebody raises? Are you going to continue?
      No I won't but is that a reason not to bet?

For example when we have JJ on a 4s6s8x board vs a TAG who isn't spewing a lot. We also have to bet that for value on the flop but if he raises we probably fold...
      You are betting for value and you have to define always how thin or big is you value bet and how do you stand to a raise. Well in your case the default line is probably B/F but it depends. If I would play against myself I would probably get it in :D because this board are extremely good for bluffing. On such a board I would turn a lot of my hands into a bluff because I would get a lot of FE. But it really depends on the opponent and what range and tendencies you put him or you know about him.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Yh true. But you get what I mean :P . The valuebet in this exact hand is not too thin because such a fish can easily call with 1p+FD
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Not really as long we have 2 loose guys behind us and also BB who has 7% of 3bet -> could just squeeze there. I'd rather prefer to flat with hands like AJs which have the possibility to play it in multiway pots as well. Plus of course rather not that squeeze-happy guys.

Do you think you can get value 2 streets? Turn & River? I assume not, if we Bet then we have to Bet/Fold, why not then pick the thin value on the river? We ain't really scared of anything cause we also have the nutFD.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze

Not really as long we have 2 loose guys behind us and also BB who has 7% of 3bet -> could just squeeze there. I'd rather prefer to flat with hands like AJs which have the possibility to play it in multiway pots as well. Plus of course rather not that squeeze-happy guys.

Nice argumenting :)

Do you think you can get value 2 streets? Turn & River? I assume not, if we Bet then we have to Bet/Fold, why not then pick the thin value on the river? We ain't really scared of anything cause we also have the nutFD.

I know we can only bet 1 street and you are sure about the thing that we don't have to fear another haert for our range BUT it is better to bet now than wait for the 4th haerts because it most likely is going to kill action
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I know we can only bet 1 street and you are sure about the thing that we don't have to fear another haert for our range BUT it is better to bet now than wait for the 4th haerts because it most likely is going to kill action

Well, I wouldn't be scared of any card there cause if even non- comes we can still value-bet if comes I would assume he is still paying us vs turned flush. :D He is loose enough for that -> we could be bluffing after our Check behind -> hero call. :f_biggrin: