BTN: $29.72 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 18, 3B: 9, AF: 5.8, Hands: 479
      Hero (SB): $41.89 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 4.2, Hands: 106243
      BB: $7.50 - VPIP: 8, PFR: 7, 3B: 7, AF: 2.6, Hands: 601
      UTG: $25.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 4, AF: 2.6, Hands: 2320
      UTG+1: $44.28 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 1.9, Hands: 211
      MP1: $28.48 - VPIP: 69, PFR: 21, 3B: 14, AF: 1.1, Hands: 124
      MP2: $25.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 5, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 42

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :heart: K :diamond:
      2 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1, Hero raises to $3.25, 1 fold, MP1 calls $3, 1 fold

Flop: ($7.75) 8 :spade: 4 :spade: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.14, MP1 raises to $8.75, Hero folds

• 11 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Not much you can do there against such a guy, I would have played the same way and CB the flop as well while we could even be ahead.

Best Regards.
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      If we play this hand the same way all the time vs such guy who obv almost never folds flop where do we make profit?

-We fold when he raises
      -We ch/b turn when we miss and can't continue when he stabs

If we hit we cannot always extract full value even though he might be bluffing enough he still has some common sense of folding lets say K8s, or KQs which he bluffed with.

So vs his lines shouldn't we just be playing for value and value only?

Thanks!
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gregor86
      If we play this hand the same way all the time vs such guy who obv almost never folds flop where do we make profit?

-We fold when he raises

If we hit we cannot always extract full value even though he might be bluffing enough he still has some common sense of folding lets say K8s, or KQs which he bluffed with.

Thanks!
      Hey Gregor86,

Yes you could but do you extract the most value that way and is it going to be +EV in such spots just play fit or fold?Let s take this range(30%):
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com
      Board: 8s4s4h
      Equity Win Tie
      MP1 39.15% 35.59% 3.56% { 55+, A2s+, K5s+, Q7s+, J8s+, T8s+, 98s, A7o+, A5o, K9o+, Q9o+, J9o+, T9o }
      BU 60.85% 57.30% 3.56% { AhKd }
      We could of course change something but overall I thought he is never folding anything that limped. So the range should be wide enough.
      On the flop I m definently ahead and there are still enough of hands that he can call due to his tendecies(GS;A-high,FD). If we bet this F we should also cosider betting most turn cards and I mean by that it is still for value. On the river if he has a made hand is probably going to see a showdown if he missed a draw he is going to polarize his river bet and then we can decide if you think he is bluffing with busted draws. Just look at his VPIP/PFR and FtoCbet and think with how much crap is this guy actually continuing. Also have to add even if the AF looks weak he wasnt that passive overall.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

Profit? I would assume we could even be ahead with our AK high here vs such a guy. So I am already making a value-bet maybe right on the flop.

-We fold when he raises

Yes, cause I wouldn't assume such a guy ever raise with total air, he is passive enough to just leave the pot alone if he doesn't have a hand and might even float with just weaker Ax hands.

No, my plan ain't definitely Check the turn but rather 2nd barrel it, especially improved. :)

Well, as you put his range into equilab or what Sikac pointed out, you realize that we are even doing it for value, Check/Folding might be too weak even here on such a board.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Agree with cb flop but how can a turnbet still be a valuebet?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Just answer this questions:
      1.Do you think that is going to be profitable Cbetting once against such an opponent?
      2.OK you Cbet the flop and you see that he is continuing with a lot of crap(FtoCbet F) and you see that he also doesnt fold anything that continue on the flop also on the turn(FtoCbet T) so think on most cards it wont change much so our assumption that we are ahead and still continue with our value betting with A-high is still correct.Of course one of the worst cards where i wouldnt probably 2barrel is (unless of course K or A)?
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sikac
      Just answer this questions:
      1.Do you think that is going to be profitable Cbetting once against such an opponent?
      2.OK you Cbet the flop and you see that he is continuing with a lot of crap(FtoCbet F) and you see that he also doesnt fold anything that continue on the flop also on the turn(FtoCbet T) so think on most cards it wont change much so our assumption that we are ahead and still continue with our value betting with A-high is still correct.Of course one of the worst cards where i wouldnt probably 2barrel is (unless of course K or A)?
      Yh true that he doesn't like to fold so far but do you think Ahi will call 2 bets?? In my experience even fish or pretty honest on paired boards
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Sometimes he will .If he is folding 32 on the flop and just 9 on the turn it means that he still continues with a lot of trash which includes A-high. Also what you can get value is from GS,SD,FD even overcards against such an opponent. IP it would be way easier but OOP Cbetting once is mostly donating money.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay thnx.

Let's say he calls flop and turn and the turn was 2 :diamond: . Are you planning to ch/f always on the river?
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      Okay thnx.

Let's say he calls flop and turn and the turn was 2 :diamond: . Are you planning to ch/f always on the river?
      Depends also on the turn card but bluffcatching(x/c) on some boards was part of my plan becuase even he seems passive he showed the biggest aggression on the river so I think he could polarize his river bet to my X which I m calling on certain on some boards
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Seems like you guys figured some plans out already. :f_biggrin: Any specific questions to me?