[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL 50 TPTK vs flop x/r

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $9.95 (19.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $69.59 (139.2 bb)
      BTN: $56.99 (114 bb)
      SB: $66.39 (132.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A Q
      Hero raises to $1.75, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, BB calls $1.25

Flop: ($5.25) Q J 4 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $10, BB folds, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($25.25) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $11, Hero calls $11

River: ($47.25) 8 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $47.25 pot ($1.50 rake)
      Final Board: Q J 4 5 8
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$22.75 net)
      SB showed Q J and won $45.75 ($23 net)

No stats on villain only knew that he was playing 2 tables.

PLan was to fold river vs shove as I did not think that I could assume villain shoving draws or weaker without reads.

Was tempted to raise turn because villain was leaving a full pot size bet behind for the river so I first thought that he is usually just block betting a draw, but then because he was just 2 tabling decided that he prolly is a fish that doesn't even think about this and can bet even 44 this way.

Also I'd expect weaker player to just shove river with hands that beat me.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello DeMarcohsp,

JJ/44/QJ I assume is still possible, he has another guy behind him and we are a bit deeper. I'd rather be towards Bet/Folding the flop maybe even. We also block the A.

Best Regards.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      We also block the A.
      So this means that the villain has less semi-bluffs in his range I guess? So without Ah we call the flopraise?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by veriz
      We also block the A.
      So this means that the villain has less semi-bluffs in his range I guess? So without Ah we call the flopraise?
      Not really vs unknown and being deeper. :) At least with A we have some backdoors but without it we don't have anything to improve.

If we Call the flop then what's our plan on the turn? He is most likely going to Bet again.
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      I like bet/folding flop now. Villain is x/raising 3 way on a flop that can be hit by me and the third guy, and vs likely turn barrel, folds looks much better.