Mission of the Learning to Win board

• pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      What is the Learning to Win forum?

After seeing an increasing growth of high quality threads on PokerStrategy.com regarding poker mindset and psychology we decided there was a demand and need for a new forum. We believe that Learning to control your emotions and understand things such as when to play and how long to play are crucial to any aspiring poker player and can have just as much impact on a win rate as studying how to play from the blinds or in 3bet pots.

Who should use the Learning to Win forum?

The Learning to Win forum is available for all members... from Basic to Black. We will have top psychology experts such as Jared Tendler visit us to give us the "pro" input. We will also have absolute beginners such as myself who will be inexperienced regarding this side of the game. I hope we can all join together and learn to crush.
  • 12 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I love it!

There was already a self-development section, but it was not very frequently visited. I hope this one will have more traffic and that we can discuss some more psychological aspects of poker, and perhaps poker/life balance.

-SF
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      hi.. is this Mission of the Learning to Win board still active. i see that nobody post here since a long time.. i am want to learn to improve my poker game. at the moment i am more grinder. lose,win but the bankroll stand at the some..lol.. i am a little bit unlucky too.. lose some hands to bingo lucky players.. :f_drink:
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey pokerman911985,

This thread is just the explanation of what the board was going to be used for when it was first set up. Nowadays it is mainly used by members looking to create or join skype study groups.

What games and limits do you like to play? We should be able to hook you up with some learning material for your game type (Was it Jackpot SnGs?).

If you have concerns about your mindset, you can always have a read through +++Q&A with Jared Tendler!!+++ who is also the author of The Mental Game of Poker and The Mental Game of Poker 2.

I read part of the first book and it sorted out my tilt and frustration issues. Well, they aren't gone but they are controllable and manageable. :f_biggrin:

Regards

Laz
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Good response so I finally noticed this thread lolol

I'm playing MSS but I'm a bit lazy guy so I now don't spend much time to learn from English material(it is a bit frastrating, I'm Japanese native:f_p: )

I also glanced Mental Game of Poker, but I didn't re-learn many times so I forgot almost all things,

What do you think I translate it into Japanese and post Japanese forum? I like additional effect from something( as I said I'm lazy..) When I read English books
      I can translate it much easier because I already consumed what this book is saying. Moreover, I can read it many times with less effort(without saying other JP members, right?)

How about it for my good learning and also for good JP community members?
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      HI.. i only a member but i think that is a great idea! but you must think that it will need many work.. have you time and the will for this hard work... :f_drink:
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      hi.. thanks a lot for your reply! i play at PKR,888 and GALA and normally always SnG of 1$ of 9man, only in PKR it is of 1,50$ and at 888 i sometimes play the SnG 1$ 40man... i want to to read in the future the books that you did mention.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by pokerman911985
      hi.. thanks a lot for your reply! i play at PKR,888 and GALA and normally always SnG of 1$ of 9man, only in PKR it is of 1,50$ and at 888 i sometimes play the SnG 1$ 40man... i want to to read in the future the books that you did mention.
      Awesome. :f_biggrin: Have you checked out the latest video from CollinMoshman on How to Crush 9man Sit & Goes with Antes

Cheers

Laz
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      hi.. no i till now don´t watch the videos.. as you can imagine the time for all that is always a problem.. work,read the books. play poker and more.. if the day had 48 hours.. but i will get time for that.. perhaps tomorrow i will see all the videos.. thanks a lot Lazza61!! :f_drink:
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      i did see the video from collin moshman.. crazy the guy.. all this tables... great video and nice tips.. but i did some moves in the past as he but not so lucky as he... my luck will chance,, i hope ..lol :f_drink:
    • vikash62004
      vikash62004
      Bronze
      i like the thing that encourage the player toward the betterment of their and thats what i found in here, i will definetly buy mental game of poker 1 & 2 for sure and hope for the best.
    • pokerman911985
      pokerman911985
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vikash62004
      i like the thing that encourage the player toward the betterment of their and thats what i found in here, i will definetly buy mental game of poker 1 & 2 for sure and hope for the best.

hi.. this is very nice.. i hope you will improve your game with the help of pokerstrategy!!!! all guys will help you... :f_drink: i have around 100 poker books.. i want to read the mental of poker too.. the guys sad it is one of the best poker books!!! :f_drink:
    • Tklink
      Tklink
      Bronze
      thank you for your kind advises